Pamplemousse

PCOS - check. Infertility - check. IVF - check. 43 years young - check. Sick of babydust - fricking double check. Join a Scottish infertile as she slowly swirls down the plughole. Now with added donor egg flava.

Sunday, April 09, 2006

If My Vagina Could Talk or How to Spend a Saturday Afternoon

If mine could talk, it would say "Not tonight, Josephine".

I had a lovely Saturday with my good friend Peg and of course, you can tell from the blog title what we were doing. Yes, it was The Vagina Monologues.

It has been on all week and the theatre it was performed at has a fab restaurant downstairs. I know the manager and he was saying he could not believe how many women there had been in all week. Demanding starters and sweets and fancy coffees and shrieking, oh the shrieking! He was about deafened by all the oestrogen.

Well, I was one of those shrieking women and it was a hoot. I had read enough about the show to know what it was all about but the tears and laughter and female empathy did this poor woman's tired and empty heart good. I was worried that I would lose the plot due to the hormones (and 2 gin and tonics ha!). The poem about the Bosnian women and the rapes led me to shed quite a few tears and I battled with no handkerchief handy. However, I always have a sleeve.

My mood was restored during the audience participation where we had to shout out the pejorative C word very loudly and with gusto. I think the blue rinse brigade were having some trouble with that one but us rambunctious 40 year olds were having none of that nicety business. I roared, with all my heart and soul, for all the women who could not roar.

12 Comments:

At 11:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds amazing! I must go see that sometime, when it comes to a country near me...

 
At 12:19 PM, Blogger Lut C. said...

I missed the show when it was on where I live. But that was a long time ago, before IF. If it comes back, I really want to go. My vagina can probably relate a LOT more than back then. ;-)

 
At 12:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've never seen it, much to my chagrin as of course I have no excuse. You have inspired me to look out for it next time.

 
At 2:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw the show in Boston and it was fantastic. I'm glad you had the chance to see it.

 
At 2:47 PM, Blogger DD said...

I shout the c-word everytime Mr. DD gives me my injection. It is indeed very liberating. Thanks for shouting it in my absence.

 
At 2:55 PM, Blogger avonlea said...

I don't know about the c-word, I prefer tw*t a lot better. Does that mean I'm not a rambunctious 40 something after all?

I'm glad you're having fun!

 
At 2:31 AM, Blogger OvaGirl said...

I saw it in Sydney - what a great concept and amazing stories! Glad you had such a brilliant time, love it when a theatre show can be such a tonic!

 
At 2:36 AM, Blogger Demeter said...

you sound like you had a wonderful time! Enjoy it!

 
At 3:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That sounds fantastic.

 
At 7:45 PM, Blogger beagle said...

Sounds very therapeutic!

 
At 8:02 PM, Blogger Chee Chee said...

I saw it here in the States. It was awesome. I'd love to see it again!

 
At 9:54 PM, Blogger charlie's mom said...

I love that play. So glad you got to shout and laugh and cry.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home