Pamplemousse

PCOS - check. Infertility - check. IVF - check. 43 years young - check. Sick of babydust - fricking double check. Join a Scottish infertile as she slowly swirls down the plughole. Now with added donor egg flava.

Friday, March 10, 2006

Snowed Under

Oh, but if only it were real snow! No such luck. Whilst all around last week and at the weekend, people were frolicking and digging themselves out of the snow and skiing, no such luck here. We had some but nothing to write home about. Oh, what I would give for a snow day.

I am snowed under at work, in preparation for facilitating at a big departmental conference in Edinburgh next week and the week after. Of course, the highlight of my 2nd week will be the blogQueen on tour, paying us a royal visit. She has lost loads of weight which she has apparently magically transferred to me by blog-osmosis. I am going to sit on her and squash her!

Slight change in my donor cycle dates. Is it really worrying when you have to be the advocate for your own and your donor's treatment? I had to point out to the IVF co-ordinator that she was on BCP and no-one had told her when to stop. The reply was Ooops! Change of plan. She will finish the packet and start sniffing on CD2 of next cycle. This means around 29th March. Baseline U/S around 2 weeks later.

I have started the Provera so look out world! The bitch is back and louder than ever.

The dates still put us in the frame of retrieval towards the end of April so I am not going to stress out about it. I keep telling myself it does not make any difference if there is a slight change of dates.

Ha! I have been waiting for **cough40yearscough** 6 months so a few more days here and there is small beer to me.

10 Comments:

At 2:32 PM, Blogger DD said...

They should be forced to provide the treatment half-price for that little faux pas. I hope the next 6 weeks F.L.Y. by "like flurries of tiny snowflakes...tra-la-la".

 
At 3:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope you dig out from under that mountain of work soon. There's nothing worse. Clinic personnel can be shockingly idiotic. Good thing IVF isn't expensive or anything so if they screw up royally, it won't be a big deal. Oh, wait...

 
At 4:12 PM, Blogger Mellie said...

Ummm, beer.

You're right to not stress over the change in dates - it sounds like everyone's all ready to roll and that's what counts. I get not being too pleased by having to stay on top of everything - you'd expect the docs to have this whole thing down - but as long as the actual process goes smoothly, it's all good.

Wishing you success!

 
At 6:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

small beer, large beer = me want. ahem.

Don't you always have to be your own advocate with ivf? I thought those were the rules. The professionals that get paid kajillions of dollars for this can't be expected to keep track of us!

 
At 8:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is rubbish that you are the one havign to chase them about it. Phoeey. Consider them virtually butt kicked, by me.

 
At 8:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's deeply shockign that you need to be the one to chase the clinic on this. I am not impressed. But well done you for catching it.

 
At 8:54 PM, Blogger Katie said...

Hey PM-- I'll be right here through Provera woes. No worries about that.

Still jealous about your meeting with the blogQueen.

 
At 10:50 PM, Blogger charlie's mom said...

Yeah, indefinite BCPs- always a good idea, not. It sounds like you caught it in time though. What would happen if we actually relied on these people 100%? I wonder.

"Small beer" takes a place in my heart alongside "tits up".

 
At 4:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so jealous of Amy, go ahead and squash her.... LOL

So glad the date is drawing near sweetie, I hope your dear donor's post-Easter basket is full of lucious eggs for you.

 
At 8:33 PM, Blogger Amyesq said...

Woman, just b/c I lost weight doesn't mean I am thin in any manner, as you shall quickly see! But I AM so excited to see you and I am also a little bit scared of the snow, which is predicted to go on through next week. I am from san Diego. What do I know from snow?

-The Queen (Queen of Cheetos, perhaps...)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home