Pamplemousse

PCOS - check. Infertility - check. IVF - check. 43 years young - check. Sick of babydust - fricking double check. Join a Scottish infertile as she slowly swirls down the plughole. Now with added donor egg flava.

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Could You Misanthropes Keep That Noise Down to a Dull Roar!

I have just re-read posts from my first IVF last year and my first encounter with the satanic drug of Synarel. I was pretty perky then until it all went to shit with no embryois to transfer.

However, my complaints about the Synarel were the same then as they are this year. Tastes like shit, makes me sneeze and gives me headaches. Oh, and I see dead people. Well, they will be dead if I get my hands on them.

The people who will be dead are the fifty-somethings who sat through The Proposition at my local arthouse cinema and gave a running commentary all the way though the film. Mr P had to give them a menacing glare and ask them to shut up. He is a pussycat but he has a shaved head so he can look mean if he tries. I was ready to just reach round and tie their tongues together but Mr P's restraining hand on my arm held me back. I just resorted to a hard Paddington stare as we left the cinema.

By the way, the film itself was amazingly violent but if you could ignore that, the cinematography was out of this world. Lots of shots of sunset in the Outback and lingering views of the desolation. All set to music co-written by Nick Cave and he also wrote the screenplay. Emily Watson and Ray Winstone outdid themselves.

We also had our weekend away to Loch Lomond. The hotel was shit and Mr P got food poisoning in their restaurant on the first night so that sort of put a damper on the weekend. We did have a glorious view of the loch from the bed but that was not enough to make up for the rest. Bah.

The only thing that helped ease my pain was that I finally got my mitts on the new Morrissey album and it is only 4 weeks until I worship at his feet, in person!!! I am already stressing about which black outfit to wear.

14 Comments:

At 5:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very harsh movie, but strangely wonderful,too...

 
At 7:28 PM, Blogger ninaB said...

oooh. i had just spent the weekend dusting of my Smiths LPs and listening to them on the turntable. let us know if the new morrisey is any good. i won't be seeing him anytime soon- apparently he's boycotting canada.

 
At 8:38 PM, Blogger Thalia said...

Ah yes, the choice of black outfit is always a challenge. I haven't heard the album yet, but I know someone who is truly obsessed who I am sure has already listened to it multiple times.

Sorry your hotel was a let down. You can now seek revenge by writing a crummy review on all those sites that pop up when you google: hotel reviews. That always makes me feel somewhat better.

 
At 1:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

See? Life will be wonderful in a few weeks. Enjoy the concert, de-stress a little and maybe go out for some not-so-good-for-you snacks afterwards, sans the food poisoning -- hope Mr. P is feeling better these days.
And thank you for the website link!

 
At 6:37 AM, Blogger Portlairge said...

Aaahhhhhhhh Loch Lomond. I skinny dipped there in late October many moons ago. My digs were fancire than yours though- a lovely caravan park- oh the memories!!!!!!

 
At 7:04 PM, Blogger Mellie said...

Just got caught up with you, and my oh my such goings on! It must be pretty hard not to be taking all those similiaraties with your donor as good signs...

Sending you lots and lots of good luck...

 
At 11:14 PM, Blogger charlie's mom said...

"Well they will be dead if I get my hands on them". Ha ha!!

 
At 4:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh man, Morrissey in person, I couldn't be more jealous! I mean damn, I really am, though I'd want to hear only the really bleak songs of my youth.

I'm so sorry about Mr. P's food poisoning - can you sue? (Spoken like a trial hungry lawyer -sorry).

I remember Nick Cave from Wings of Desire but I haven't seen or heard much of him since them, but then I'm not that cool anymore. I adore Emily Watson, one of these days she's going to get that Oscar she so deserves.

I'm sorry you're feeling murderous with the nasty drug. I have fond memories of the drugs I snorted - oh but they were illegal so shhhh don't tell...(it was the 80's)

 
At 8:11 AM, Blogger MsPrufrock said...

Did someone mention Morrissey? I only have a few weeks until concert time as well, but as I usually wear black anyway, my outfit selection will be more along the lines of that quote from Shallow Grave: "When you get up in the morning, how do you decide what shade of black to wear?"

 
At 12:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I gave up on the sniffy stuff after the first IVF of many. Went on to injections (Buserelin). One more jab, but you know how much you are getting ('cos it's not all snotted out) and no side effects (not sure what my partner would say to that one though!).

Sorry about the food poisoning - DH got that too at a hotel on the banks of Loch Lomond...near the youth hostel - can't remember name. Ancient mayonnaise was to blame - he's never touched a drop since.

 
At 9:49 PM, Blogger Lut C. said...

Food poisoning? Ugh, just what you need on a relaxing getaway. :-/

 
At 8:30 AM, Blogger ankaisa said...

Yeah, I hate Synarel(a), too. Gives a weird taste to everything and gives you symptoms of menopause. Pure evil!

 
At 11:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Food poisoning - how awful. I've had it three times and no longer eat meat because of it thank you very much.

Hmmm, what would Morrissey like to see you in?

 
At 1:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Also laughing at your "I see dead people." Inspired!

I'm sorry your trip was so disappointing, my dear.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home