Pamplemousse

PCOS - check. Infertility - check. IVF - check. 43 years young - check. Sick of babydust - fricking double check. Join a Scottish infertile as she slowly swirls down the plughole. Now with added donor egg flava.

Thursday, March 16, 2006

Treading Slush

I am back from the snowy wastes of Edinburgh. We still have snow lying on the ground at home. My poor crocuses were just starting to come out and now they are squished!

After a tortuous train journey on Sunday through white-out conditions, it would have been nice to be a delegate at the conference and sit around chatting, eating bonbons and not doing much work but alas, I was a facilitator earning my crust. Lots of running about like a headless chicken as a thousand myriad details had to checked then re-checked.

However, at least my hair was nice as I had just been for a cut and colour. I warned the hairdresser on pain of death not to cut very much off it. Repeat after me: I AM GROWING IT!!!!

I had not been there since the start of December as she had gone all Eddie Scissorhands on my not-so crowning glory then and almost ruined my trip to Prague. This time, she must have seen the wild light of Provera running rampant in my eyes and decided she had better heed my words!!

Wise woman. Mr P is still having flashbacks from the weeping and screeching last time. Hard to believe but I have no complaints this time. Hair = good.

The conference itself was hard work with gobby attendees who would not shut up when I gave them the evil eye but there was lots of fun and wine and good food at night with the other facilitators. The Italian restaurant in the Grassmarket and the Mexican restaurant in Cockburn St are probably still struggling to recover from the raids on their wine and tequila stocks, respectively!

The hotel itself was very, very nice. As per usual, I packed my cossie for a possible swim in the hotel pool and it never made its debut out of my suitcase. Oh, the shame. However, it is just as well really, as the last time my legs saw the light of day was a good while ago. I could plait my bikini line.

My only excuse is that it is wintertime and there has been a dearth of wandmonkey appointments so no medical need for upkeep! The rest is just laziness. Maybe next week, I will tackle it. I will be back in Edinburgh on Tuesday for Conference Part 2.

On ART matters, no sign of the Crimson Tide since the last of the Provera. No worries as it can take up to 10 days (I could recite this in my sleep as this is probably the No.1 newbie question on the TTC boards, not that I frequent them ever nowadays!). Once she arrives, I will commence downregging with Synarel on CD2. Fun, fun and more fun.

Finally, to round up, I have chosen the birch kitchen. Yes, I did take a long time to make my mind up and no, I have not made any other decisions yet. Yes, I am a Libran so stand by for more dithering on appliances, worktops, handles, etc.

Finally finally, can you send some IF love to Julianna and Akeeyu as they are both having FETs tomorrow on St Paddy's Day. I would say it was a good day for a frozen green cocktail but I am not Irish so I don't want to jinx anything. Much love and luck to you ladies.

13 Comments:

At 5:40 PM, Blogger Mellie said...

Yay for the pretty haircut and for choosing a kitchen! Both things to feel good about!

 
At 7:28 PM, Blogger Eggs Akimbo said...

Heard the weather is horrendous with you. We have a school trip going tomorrow. Will they make it? Everytime I grow my hair I get it chopped and then grow it again...and then get sick of it!

 
At 10:49 PM, Blogger Coloratura said...

Hi Pamplemousse! Thanks for your kind comments on my blog... I hope your cycle goes well!

 
At 11:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Te he he... you should plait your bikini line. Trends are genereally followed by something opposite, yet equally drastic, so down with waxing! Time for french twists, braids, and Princess-Leia-style buns!

PS - best wishes for your cycle!

 
At 11:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah and so it goes. The facilitation role, what a joy. I'm intrigued by the new ideas in bikini line fashion. May have to try that myself.

 
At 11:48 PM, Blogger Jen said...

I, too, am only motivated to groom my nether regions when a wanding is in sight. If only the hair on my head would grow as quickly as the hair down there.

 
At 1:06 AM, Blogger Amyesq said...

Ooh I can't wait to see your hair! And were you at, what's it called, Mama's in the Grassmarket? Hopefully you did OK up the stairs in the close...

And it is still snowy, eh? I have NOTHING. I will be nude. But with a plaited bikini line, though, since I hear those are all the rage right now.

 
At 1:14 AM, Blogger Sparkle said...

Yay to the Birch kitchen and great haircut!
I'm a regular waxer on the bikini line - but am thinking of moving onto laser and being done with it!

 
At 3:33 AM, Blogger Linda said...

Glad the haircut went well.

My bikini line is also a federal disaster zone. Winter just seems to lend itself to the chaos. I can't be bothered to keep up! I miss the good old days of getting waxed, when nothing had to be done for a month at a time.

Identification word: qvtme. How would one go about that, I wonder?

 
At 7:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

CORN ROWS! Yes... it's the new rage... row upon row of tiny little braids. Just imagine the titillating side effects of all those dangly beads!

 
At 7:28 PM, Blogger Fertility Faux Pas said...

Leave the shaggy bikini line the way it is, then later add the injection induced bruises on your thighs and stomach and you will break all kinds of fashion barriers. Nothing like a little fertility treatment to make a girl feel sexy!

Hope the weather warms up by you soon. Congrats on picking out the birch kitchen. Sounds beautiful!

 
At 11:39 PM, Blogger beagle said...

Glad you're home safe and sound . . . good for you on the good hair . . . a good hair day is a happy day! Also good for you on the kitchen choice!

 
At 7:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't forget to tie off those sweet braids with a color coordinated ribbon.
The birch will look lovely in the kitchen!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home