Pamplemousse

PCOS - check. Infertility - check. IVF - check. 43 years young - check. Sick of babydust - fricking double check. Join a Scottish infertile as she slowly swirls down the plughole. Now with added donor egg flava.

Monday, March 27, 2006

Spring Forward, Fall Back

I am back!!!

First up, welcome to British Summer Time where the clock went forward by one hour yesterday. I left Edinburgh yesterday in sunshiny 17 degrees (63 degrees for you non-Europeans) and arrived home to rain and 11 degrees (48 degrees) and it has not stopped raining cats and dogs since then. Oh well, it is good for the garden though the flooded garage would probably disagree with me this morning.

Much fun and merriment was had by all this last week or so and I will update more on that later.

The most important thing is that I still do not have my period and it is well over 2 weeks since the last Provera pill. I am not sure if I have a cyst as I have been having sharp pains and cramps. My body seems to always look for the opportunities to fuck me up!!!!

I am having a much-needed week's holiday this week so I am in my jimjams, DVDs at the ready (In her Shoes and My House in Umbria), 2 episodes of Prison Break to catch up on, washing machine whirring and ready to just relax until Friday when we go off again to Loch Lomond. Bliss.

A big shout out to Millie as she has her FET in Cape Town today. Much love and luck to you, my friend.

9 Comments:

At 2:13 PM, Blogger charlie's mom said...

Welcome home! A week with DVDs sounds pretty good.

 
At 3:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just watched "In Her Shoes" while recovering from my retrieval. Hope you like it! A week in jimjams sounds divine.

 
At 4:04 PM, Blogger DD said...

Your intro to Spring sounded promising. We got our intro by dealing with 2 feet of snow. The most we have had in years.

I need to get a life: I haven't seen ANY of those movies.

 
At 6:31 PM, Blogger JennaM said...

Strange, I watched those exact two movies last week--preferred Umbria--something so much more real about Maggie Smith's pain.

Best of everything...

 
At 10:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad you had a good time. I'm sorry your body isn't cooperating, though. I hope it gets itself in gear pronto.

 
At 12:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How funny that you are watching "In her shoes". We used to drive the author to soccer practice when she and my sister were on the same travel team.

Bonnie

 
At 1:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How frustrating about your period. Is this messing with your donor, too? Does your body have no sense of decency? well, I guess we actually covered that one earlier.

Hope you're able to get started soon.

 
At 1:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sorry Auntie Flo didn't come back to the countryside with you, she's such an old hag - curse her. But glad you had such a nice holiday! All those Spring showers, I'm sure you'll have great flowers and possibly other blooming things real soon.

 
At 6:13 AM, Blogger Sparkle said...

Love relaxing at home with videos.

Sorry to hear about your period - what will it mean for your cycle?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home