Pamplemousse

PCOS - check. Infertility - check. IVF - check. 43 years young - check. Sick of babydust - fricking double check. Join a Scottish infertile as she slowly swirls down the plughole. Now with added donor egg flava.

Sunday, March 19, 2006

Shall I Be Batman Tonight???

Whilst I am still awaiting the onset of the Crimson Tide, my hormones are doing their best to run away with me.

As exciting as this sounds, it means an awful lot of unsettled nights for me. Thankfully the nights spent in the hotel in the past week were not too eventful (as far as I am aware haha!). However, this weekend has seen a couple of doozies in the nocturnal wanderings and derring-dos.

Friday night, not too bad. A small spot of rampaging around the house and woke up to a pile of kitchen catalogues under my pillow. Not too shabby. As I was ordering my kitchen the following day, it is easy to spot what was weighing on my mind.

Last night, whooeee! It will go down in the annals as Most Outstanding Somnambulism for a while and may not be beaten. Time will tell.

First of all, the vivid, vivid dreams. I was fastening a baby into a carseat and kissing their revealed belly and revelling in the soft velvety pudginess and blowing raspberries to the delighted shrieks of the baby. The sensation of the skin against my lips was so, so real. The weirdest thing was that I was talking to the mother of the baby who was sat next to him/her and carrying on this conversation with her at the same time. I was definitely the care-giver though, rather than the mother. Donor eggs, anyone??? Freud would have a field day.

Next, the piece de resistance, as related to me this morning by a disgruntled Mr P. During the night, whilst still pitch dark outside, I sat bolt upright in bed and started talking to him but I was calling him Robin and talking to him in a very careful voice, as if English was not his first language. This was loud enough to startle him out of a very deep sleep.

I cannot remember this, at all. I do not know anyone by the name of Robin, other than the caped crusader's effeminate sidekick. Needless to say, I am feeling a little tired today. Mr P keeps asking me if we are going to the Batmobile? He thinks he is funny.

I managed to pull the energy together to plant 40 pansies in my pots and borders this afternoon. Monday is the vernal equinox where day and night are of the exact same length, marking the official start of spring. This means we are officially moving towards Summer and I decided to celebrate that fact by unleashing my trowel for the first time since last summer.

My poor garden has been sadly neglected since last year as despite my best intentions, the crap IVFs pretty much made me care about nothing else other than watching TV in my jimjams. Then winter descended as if a light had been switched off and it was too dark to care.

The sun shone today briefly and it was warm on my face. The friendly little faces of the pansies nodded and smiled and I let my mind unspool as I sunk my gloved hands into the earth. Simple pleasures.

10 Comments:

At 10:03 PM, Blogger DD said...

There's something about this upcoming spring that I am hoping is filled with promise.

I normally go crazy with pansies, but with us moving I'm feeling torn. I will probably fill a couple of pots at the entry way, just so those little faces can tell potential buyers, "Hi! and welcome." That's just what they seem to do the best.

 
At 11:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Embrace Spring...what the hell?

I say continue with the Batman & Robin theme in your slumber. You are entitled to a good adventure now and then, even if the adventure is hormone-induced. And if you get a butler named Alfred out of the deal - fantastic!

 
At 12:33 AM, Blogger Donna said...

Sunshine and pansies can cure almost anything, I've found. Not sure what your Robin dream means...that's a fine name for either a boy or a girl baby though.

 
At 1:37 AM, Blogger Sue said...

Stopping by to say "Hi!". I, too, am looking forward to Spring. I hope I can find the energy to pull weeds, both literally and figuratively. 2006 has to be better, doesn't it?!

 
At 2:24 AM, Blogger beagle said...

" . . . despite my best intentions, the crap IVFs pretty much made me care about nothing else other than watching TV in my jimjams."

You mean it't not just me? I feel so much less guilty about all my pajama TV time. Thank you for that.

:-)

Love the Batman & Robin thing!

 
At 5:08 PM, Blogger Mellie said...

I think Mr. P is just upset that he got stuck being Robin instead of Batman.

 
At 8:49 PM, Blogger Demeter said...

It is officially spring. But I too spent the whole weekend watching TV in my jammies. My bonsai trees are just blooming so nicely though...
Now, have you figured out the Robin scene yet?

 
At 11:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah yes the lure of the tv and the jimjams. That would be why i can't fit into my clothes any more, either...

Good to hear about the plants. Nurturing something I hear is a helpful thing to do...

 
At 8:24 AM, Blogger ankaisa said...

Quite a dream! I can only hope that it will come true one day.

 
At 7:19 PM, Blogger Linda said...

I have never known anyone aside from myself who calls pajamas "jimjams." My husband thinks I'm so wierd!

I'm impressed with your somnambulism. Maybe you really *are* a superhero at night! The superhero of kitchens!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home