Pamplemousse

PCOS - check. Infertility - check. IVF - check. 43 years young - check. Sick of babydust - fricking double check. Join a Scottish infertile as she slowly swirls down the plughole. Now with added donor egg flava.

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Hi Ho Hi Ho, Its Off to Work I Go

I have Synarel...I will travel! Although still no sign and no, I am not pregnant. My ovaries are dead, remember. It is just the screwed-up hormones again.

It's another week, another conference!!!

Still in the same place though...sunny Edinburgh. Maybe my swimming cossie will make its appearance this week to celebrate the rites of spring. Although light snow showers are forecast again! I have warned Amy that her thermals will be required but she has pooh-poohed me. We shall see!

The conference runs until Friday and then Mr P and I are having a further few days of jollification in Edinburgh without the bother of work getting in the way. We will be having a trawl round our favourite record and comic shops and restaurants. The highlight of the weekend will be the fragrant and lovely Spoken Word tour of Mr Henry Rollins which is making a stop at the Usher Hall. We last saw him live in Prague 12 years ago but I am sure he can still deliver the goods albeit in a spoken word fashion, not ear-bleeding Black Flag stylee.

Lucky me! I am actually having 2 weekends away over the next fortnight. This one in Edinburgh and then Loch Lomond for the spring holiday of the first weekend in April. Can you believe that I have never been to Loch Lomond or the Trossachs in general? Call myself a Scotsperson! I am sure it will be lovely if it will only stop the snow showers. There is even shopping there too although I am not obsessed with shopping. Just, you know, the new kitchen will need more knick-knacks and loveliness.

As I alluded to in my last post, the kitchen has been ordered and will be delivered in 7 weeks-ish (mid-May). It will either take my mind of the negative result of the DE cycle or give me something else to worry about. Want to place your bets now?

You would think I was made of money the way I am lashing it about lately...kitchens, weekends away, donor egg cycle. Pffft...it is only money, eh? What else is a girl supposed to do with it? Save it for a rainy day?? Hahaha.

10 Comments:

At 2:58 PM, Blogger DD said...

I kind of liked Hank's ear-bleeding days of yore. I'm sure he'll be just as exciting.

I suppose for many of us, if you take out the (in)fertility crap, we do sound like we live really exciting and fulfilling lives, doesn't it?

Pfft is right.

 
At 6:37 PM, Blogger Mellie said...

Do enjoy your trips! I'm sure you're right in that Mr. Rollins will still be able to wow you. And spend the money! It's good for your soul. You'll make more.

 
At 11:30 PM, Blogger Sparkle said...

Nothing like the lilting tones of Mr. Rollins to remind you that you're alive!
Can't believe you're cycle is starting, can't wait to go on this journey with you.
Isn't there an old Scottish song about the Loch Lomond?

 
At 7:39 PM, Blogger beagle said...

We've got to get ourselves to Scotland to see a Loch and a Glen or two. C. has relatives in Carnoustie. We are also big fans of the series "Monarch of the Glen." We own it on DVD even!

A friend of mine honeymooned in Ireland, in May, in a TENT no less . . . I prefer a bit of warmth myself!

Enjoy your weekends away and good luck as you venture into this cycle . . .

 
At 9:58 PM, Blogger Donna said...

There's a Loch Lomond very near my home (just Google Loch Lomond California)...I hope your's is just as lovely!

 
At 9:40 PM, Blogger MC said...

I know what you mean about the money thing. I'm so resentful of all the money we spend on IVF, it's like we are on a spending binge at the moment, holiday, new washing machine and dryer, alcohol etc..

I saw Henry Rollin's so long ago I was still in uni.
Good luck with the syneral, I hope it's not burning your sinuses out.

 
At 10:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Two words: indulge yourself - and do it as often as you can.

 
At 12:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Save for a rainy day - and leave all those deserving handbags in the store? Never.

I'm glad you've gotten started, I'm all for the new kitchen and a bun in the oven...

 
At 6:32 PM, Blogger Thalia said...

I'm also busy spending. Went to istanbul for the weekend and bought a carpet...I say live now, then nest in that lovely new kitchen.

 
At 11:27 PM, Blogger ninaB said...

I worried about the $$ too and then I realized, it is fucking pouring. This IS my/your rainy day.
Am looking forward to the pics of the renovated kitchen when it's done. And I can't believe your cycle is started. How v. exciting!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home