Pamplemousse

PCOS - check. Infertility - check. IVF - check. 43 years young - check. Sick of babydust - fricking double check. Join a Scottish infertile as she slowly swirls down the plughole. Now with added donor egg flava.

Saturday, October 29, 2005

The Promise - a tribute to Mr P



It's time for the 2nd Annual Bloggirl Engagement Ring Fashion Show.

As the advert says, three stones...one for the past, one for the present and one for our future, my love. You have been my magnetic North since the age of 11 and my fervent wish is to always be captivated and yet comforted by you.

To paraphrase W H Auden,

He is my North, my South, my East and West,
My working week and my Sunday rest,
My noon, my midnight, my talk, my song;
I thought that love would last for ever; I was not wrong.

14 Comments:

At 6:09 PM, Blogger JJ said...

It's beautiful. I love three stone rings.

 
At 6:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How beautiful - I love the meaning behind the 3 stones. The poem says so much for just a few lines.

 
At 6:54 PM, Blogger Thalia said...

I love that poem, but it's good to hear it with the positive twist you've given it.

 
At 7:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful poem. I'm not familiar with the original, but this one gets my lip aquiver. I love the symbolism of your ring.

 
At 2:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Since 11? No kidding? That's so cool.

And the ring is gorgeous.

 
At 11:45 AM, Blogger Sami said...

The ring is gorgeous... the love is as well... I too love the symbolism of the three stone ring... and wow since 11... good for you!

 
At 2:23 PM, Blogger Mrs. D. said...

What a great poem... It would make great wedding vows!

Thanks for participating!

 
At 7:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like your uplifting variation of the poem. Such a nice way to recognize Mr. P.

 
At 3:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now that's some bling!!

 
At 7:16 PM, Blogger Pamplemousse said...

Of course, I am so twisted that the poem is called "Funeral Blues" and it is famously used as the eulogy in "Four Weddings and a Funeral"!

The pic is the catalogue pic from the jeweller's website as I did not want to show my fat little fingers! Nine years later, it is not quite so sparkly in real life. I still love it though.

BTW, Mr P and I have not been together like THAT since I was 11. You know, just in case you were wondering, ahem. Only 13 years as a couple! Only!

 
At 7:10 AM, Blogger OvaGirl said...

Gorgeous, pamplemousse. The three stones is a beautiful concept.

 
At 2:59 PM, Blogger April said...

Gorgeous ring, beautiful take on the poem, and wow - you've known each other since age 11? I can't imagine the depth that must give your relationship. I'm awed.

 
At 10:22 PM, Blogger Nico said...

I was wondering what I knew that poem from!

Love the ring.

 
At 9:38 AM, Blogger Drew said...

Too beautiful mate. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home