Pamplemousse

PCOS - check. Infertility - check. IVF - check. 43 years young - check. Sick of babydust - fricking double check. Join a Scottish infertile as she slowly swirls down the plughole. Now with added donor egg flava.

Monday, August 22, 2005

The Long and Winding Road

This week has been fucked...absolutely fucked.

Tuesday's appointment with the wand monkey brought about talk of cancellation and talk from me of jumping off the nearest bridge. I had 4 follicles at 10,11,12 and 14 mm respectively.

Previous cycles have usually meant that only the 14mm would progress. I was in such a state that if I had blogged about it, all there would have been was an hysterical ululation of pain and grief so great that dogs would have heard it.

I told everyone that I was done and finished with IVF now and for ever and the final U/S on Friday was just a nail in the coffin for formalities sake.

On Friday, a miracle happened and angels danced across the U/S monitor in the form of 16, 18, 18 and 19mm follicles. Four! Twice the amount of last cycle! I sobbed and sobbed as the nurse told me trigger Saturday night and retrieval Monday.

I know it is pathetic in terms of follicle numbers but my ovaries are fucked. All I care about is having at least one to transfer. It really is not much to ask. Please, pretty please?

17 Comments:

At 9:07 PM, Blogger Susie said...

So glad you weren't canceled!!!

Good luck tonight... good luck Monday! We will be checking for updates!

 
At 9:47 PM, Blogger DeadBug said...

So hoping that your four beautiful follicles (nice, tidy cohort there!) produce four lovely eggs. Thinking of you and hoping for you.

--Bugs

 
At 10:03 PM, Blogger Donna said...

Talk about your rollercoaster rides. Sorry you had to go through that rough patch but so happy you get to continue. One step at a time.

 
At 10:13 PM, Blogger zhl said...

So sorry you've had a crappy week but am glad to hear that you've got four. Hope the retrieval goes well.

 
At 10:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay! I'm so glad you weren't cancelled. Good luck with retrieval!

 
At 10:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not to much to ask at all. Hoping they all grow big and strong.

 
At 1:54 AM, Blogger Bad Egg said...

Hey, it only takes one, right? Here's hoping you have a smooth retrieval and an excellent fertilization report.

 
At 2:37 AM, Blogger TK said...

Thinking of you and hoping for an excellent retrieval and transfer

 
At 10:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh sweetie I'm sorry you've had such a stressful week but relieved things are looking up. Keeping my fingers crossed.

 
At 11:42 AM, Blogger Betty said...

Lots of hope and good vibes coming your way from me.

 
At 10:14 PM, Blogger PJ said...

All of my bits are crossed for you. I'll be thinking of you tomorrow.

 
At 12:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh that's stupendous news!!

 
At 3:50 AM, Blogger OvaGirl said...

Oh God...so stressful and now! Good luck and may it all go swimmingly well.

Cheering!

 
At 1:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay - excellent news! Good Luck!

 
At 7:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope all went well today for you- am firmly crossing everything for some good results. Keep us posted!

 
At 8:15 PM, Blogger Eggs Akimbo said...

I am so glad the follicles grew. I have been checking your site daily for updates and I was getting worried about ya!

 
At 10:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hooray!

Hoping right along with you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home