Pamplemousse

PCOS - check. Infertility - check. IVF - check. 43 years young - check. Sick of babydust - fricking double check. Join a Scottish infertile as she slowly swirls down the plughole. Now with added donor egg flava.

Friday, September 02, 2005

When the Going gets Tough...the Tough go on Holiday

I have spent this week hunkered down in my jimjams. Today is the first day that I have not spotted or shed some "debris". I hate to think what went on up there.

I refused a follow-up consultation this week with the consultant doctor as I could not gather up the will to leave the house. I know what the talk will be about. I will go and see her but it will be after we come back. Maybe then I will be more ready to hear it.

I am thinking "diminished egg supply" or "premature ovarian failure" or "early menopause" or just plain "you suck".

Mr P had taken time off to tend to my every whim and need. He is such a lovely man and it breaks my heart to see him so affected by this too. It was his idea to go away. It was almost a week here on the West Coast but instead a good deal came up to go here.

I know, I know...bit of a contrast but these people have not yet opened in Arisaig.

So..2 weeks in Canada, eh? We leave tomorrow and I hope you all behave whilst I am away.

12 Comments:

At 5:16 PM, Blogger Eggs Akimbo said...

Have a relaxing, reinvigorating holiday.

 
At 6:59 PM, Blogger Donna said...

LOVE Blue Man! Have a great time.

 
At 11:10 PM, Blogger MsPrufrock said...

I adore Toronto. Enjoy yourself and "just relax". Hehe.

 
At 11:35 PM, Blogger WonderMama said...

I hope you have a wonderful holiday filled with all sorts of indulgence!

 
At 2:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you have a peaceful time away.

 
At 2:19 AM, Blogger OvaGirl said...

Have a wonderful time and look forward to hearing your adventures when you come back!

 
At 1:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have a great holiday sweetie.

 
At 9:49 PM, Blogger zhl said...

Hope you enjoy Toronto. A friend moved there recently, and he loves it. Can't wait to hear about your trip. I hope it gives you a need respite.

 
At 11:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope you have an amazing time.

 
At 4:01 PM, Blogger Amyesq said...

Have a great time!

 
At 10:54 PM, Blogger Mellie said...

P - So sorry to read your IVF news. But I do hope your time with Mr. P on vacation was rejuvenating.

 
At 8:09 PM, Blogger Amyesq said...

Come on, girlfriend, we need an update! I know you're back and I hope you had a great time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home