Pamplemousse

PCOS - check. Infertility - check. IVF - check. 43 years young - check. Sick of babydust - fricking double check. Join a Scottish infertile as she slowly swirls down the plughole. Now with added donor egg flava.

Thursday, August 11, 2005

All Quiet on the Ovarian Front

Baseline yesterday was good...no cysts or any untoward activity! I should think not, after all this time down-regulating. They have been beaten into submission by the chemical cosh. Lining was a measly 3.7mm.

I have started stims tonight. Goodbye Gonal-f..hello Menopur (Repronex to our US girls). The mixing is a bloody bugger though. I miss the multidose Gonal-f and ease of use. Never mind, we will see how it goes.

I have been meditating a lot to clear my mind and prepare for this round. I am a natural ART pessimist and I have to work hard to open my mind to the possibility of it working.

I am prepping my iPod with lots of soothing music..Joni Mitchell, Van the Man, Carole King, Blue Nile. If things go pear-shaped, I can trot out more raucous, vicious music to soothe my savage breasts.

Likewise the chick flicks roster is growing...Fried Green Tomatoes, Sleepless in Seattle, Gosford Park, Something's Gotta Give, Manon des Sources, lots of Woody Allen. Some films I have seen before and are v. old favourites and others are new. Of course, I also have the Hallmark channel with sappy films wall-to-wall.

It is the calm before the storm.

12 Comments:

At 1:32 AM, Blogger Kimmer said...

Good luck with your cycle. So, understand the negative thinking. Very hard for me to open the mind also.

 
At 3:49 AM, Blogger Eggs Akimbo said...

I love the Hallmark channel. There's this show I got hooked on while I was babysitting at a friend's called Sue Thomas F.B. Eye and I think it was on Hallmark. I am a sucker for mushy tv. I would recommed Sweet Home Alabama, Mystic Pizza and Mean Girls as great chick flicks.

 
At 4:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you got the green light. Good luck with stims!

 
At 9:10 AM, Blogger MC said...

Good luck with the stims.

 
At 9:19 AM, Blogger Drew said...

Good luck with the new drugs mate!

I didn't do too well with Gonal - only did it once and I became an egg farm (was over-stimulated) - it is so difficult to get drugs right for me.

Hope you find your inner calm before things gets hectic! Best of luck!

 
At 2:45 PM, Blogger PJ said...

Glad the baseline went well. I hope the rest of the cycle is picture perfect.

Some other great chick flicks are Under the Tuscan Sun, Chocolate (Johnny Depp is yummy in this), Never Been Kissed. Oh I could go on forever.

 
At 4:26 PM, Blogger Mellie said...

Wishing you much luck with the new stims! Enjoy the movie marathon as well (you're missing The Princess Bride and Say Anything, my 2 favorites.

 
At 4:38 PM, Blogger Amyesq said...

Ahh yes, the mellow time. Followed by the crazy time. Good for you that you are stocked up on the things you need, although I am not sure that I saw any vodke on the list? Should I send you some?

 
At 4:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck - another vote for Princess Bride!

 
At 8:03 PM, Blogger DeadBug said...

I'm getting very excited for you, Mousse! Hoping everything cooperates for a beautiful cycle.

--Bugs

 
At 2:52 AM, Blogger Donna said...

Have you heard the new Carole King? She does a great version of "Where You Lead, I Will Follow" with her daughter. Good luck, that storm will be here before you know it. Bring your galoshes.

 
At 3:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG I LOVE Manon Des Sources. I had to read the book and watch the movie in HS French class. Both were fab. I'll also suggest Damien Rice, my current listening obsession.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home