Pamplemousse

PCOS - check. Infertility - check. IVF - check. 43 years young - check. Sick of babydust - fricking double check. Join a Scottish infertile as she slowly swirls down the plughole. Now with added donor egg flava.

Sunday, August 07, 2005

Recipe for mush

Mush, mush...nothing else going on in my head. No impetus to blog and it would just be shit, the same old shit. See IVF#1.

T minus 2 days before the real shit hits the fan. I am going to open a book now on how little eggs will be retrieved. See what happens as soon as I start typing - negativity flows!

I am pretending to be social this weekend with friends and family in order to get it out of the way and spend the next few weeks in my jim-jams. However, that lovely plan is already fucked before I start as I have friends from London arriving next weekend for 4-5 days! OMG! The dates have been fixed for ages but luckily the IVF co-ordinator in all her fuck-ups at least managed to make it that I was not on bed rest. Small, tiny, miniscule mercies. My friends do know that I will be stimming at least so they will make excuses for the lack of cooking, cleaning and general cheeriness.

The one bright spot to this week was signing up for the Am*zon version of Netfl*x so it is going to be wall-to-wall chick-flicks for the next few weeks (Ha! Mr P doesn't realise I keep pushing the zombie horror flicks to the bottom of the list!)

I also bought All About Eve yesterday on DVD cos even us snarks can learn something at the spiky elbow and knee of Bette Davis.

6 Comments:

At 8:36 PM, Blogger Donna said...

No need to entertain us, just drop in once in a while so we know you are doing OK. Sorry about the timing of the visitors, but perhaps it will be a way to faster pass the time.

 
At 10:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love to hibernate, but then I get forced to see my friends and realise they're pretty nice and fun to spend time with. Here's hoping yours are the same. What flicks are you going to watch?

 
At 3:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck with stims!! Hope having your friends around takes your mind off things.

 
At 11:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeeeeeeeah! Let's get this cycle ON, baby! I have the movie plan you speak of, and can I tell you, it's the business. How did I ever live without it?

 
At 7:08 PM, Blogger Mellie said...

Do what you need to, P. We'll be here. May the stimming be fruitful and painless and pretty symptom-free!

 
At 11:16 AM, Blogger Eggs Akimbo said...

All About Eve is one of my all-time favourite movies. So brilliant! I totally understand the desire to hibernate. I want to hibernate from my life until I am pregnant. I feel like no one is interested in me because I am not coming up with the goods!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home