Pamplemousse

PCOS - check. Infertility - check. IVF - check. 43 years young - check. Sick of babydust - fricking double check. Join a Scottish infertile as she slowly swirls down the plughole. Now with added donor egg flava.

Friday, July 29, 2005

A Bang on the Ear

Thank you, girls, for the comments but unfortunately your great advice is all for naught. There is no way on G*d's green earth that I am stimming before 9th August. No way, no how. There is no fighting the schedule or the IVF co-ordinator. That road finds you locked in a supply closet, gagged with the obligatory exam table towel, when you should be in theatre for retrieval!

I did speak to my consultant who is very well-respected in the UK IVF field and I trust her. My lack of follicles is not necessarily anything to do with the length of down-regging but more to do with the diabetes and the PCOS. In fact, the longer I am on the Synarel, the better my hormones become. I know that myself. I do know that I lose weight on the Synarel much, much easier than I do any other time. Silver lining, anyone?

We shall see, won't we?

This week, thank jeebus I have had tons of work to distract me. I do not know how people do this who do not work. What else do you do all day, other than fret about your ovaries?

Of course, if Mr P has the winning ticket for the Euromillions lottery tonight (£77 million or $150 million!!!), I will not be worrying about anything. I could buy my own IVF clinic hahaha!

Day 22 of Synarel - 10 days to go! Do not expect any scintillating posting between now and then cos I ain't in the mood.

8 Comments:

At 3:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay for silver linings! Hey, if you win the lottery will you buy me an IVF clinic, too? And, yes, not working leaves a lot of time open for obsessing.

 
At 4:05 AM, Blogger DeadBug said...

Um, yeah. Last cycle I wasn't working and spent every waking hour googling IVF details. Way more stressful. This time, I could only spend half my waking hours googling--much better.

--Bugs

 
At 11:15 AM, Blogger MsPrufrock said...

Yeah, it pisses me off that I do have to work when undergoing IF treatments, but then again, I'd much rather be at work than at home obsessing.

As for the Euromillians thing...sorry sister, I hear someone in Ireland won it. No £77 million winfall for either you or me.

 
At 4:45 PM, Blogger Mellie said...

I hope the 10 days pass quickly! And even though I do work full-time, I still spend way too much of my hours at the desk obsessing over my ovaries.

 
At 6:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Understand re the stimming, glad to hear you have a sliver of a silver lining. It's a bugger about the euromillions isn't it? H was going to buy a ticket, and then, he didn't. Oh well.

 
At 9:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, I knew there was a reason why I should start playing the lottery. An IVF clinic owned and operated by infertiles for infertiles?? That's brilliant!! GL with your cycle.

 
At 4:10 AM, Blogger Donna said...

Hope you don't mind if I jump in here...I'm always looking for ladies in my *ahem* age range to visit in blog land. If you don't mind I am linking you on my blog, its just easier for me to remember to check in on you. Good luck with the continued snifing.

 
At 5:32 PM, Blogger Cricket said...

Not to be off topic, but are you a Waterboys fan?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home