Pamplemousse

PCOS - check. Infertility - check. IVF - check. 43 years young - check. Sick of babydust - fricking double check. Join a Scottish infertile as she slowly swirls down the plughole. Now with added donor egg flava.

Monday, August 22, 2005

Giddy Up, Wee Cuddies!

Aaah, 13 days of stims and I have finally lost my mind.

Shall I tell you about the night I was trying to sniff Synarel and could not understand why very little was emanating from the evil little nozzle? I was pressing it and pressing it and the stuff started running down my hand. Turned out I had not taken the cap off the nozzle. Oooh-kaaaay!

What about the morning I woke up and got out of bed and looked for my Snoopy slippers? Gotta love those Snoopy slippers to protect my little piggies from the cold bathroom tiles. Anyhoo, I could only find one. I knew I had taken two off the previous night and I always leave them sitting lined up, ready for some hot slipper action at any time. I hunted high and low and still could only find one so I opted for some socks in the interim, whilst almost in tears at the indignity. 3 hours later whilst making the bed - voila, one Snoopy slipper carefully tucked under my pillow as if thoughts of Snoopy babies were to be conjured up overnight. Beagle, anyone?

What about my newly-found addiction to Rock Star INXS? No rational thought enters my mind when I am glued to the box. Mr P could be dancing about and shaking his tailfeather in his Old Navy boxers and I would not tear my eyes away from Dave Navarro. Oh, and that Deanna is really hot too! And that Mig boy!! Yummy. Well, he is Australian. I was sobbing when he played "Baby, I Love Your Way".

Those hormones gonna love you long time.

8 Comments:

At 9:37 PM, Blogger Mellie said...

My husband swears INXS is one of the most underrated bands of all time. And he doesn't even mean it because of the hotness factor. Hope the stims are workin' their magic.

 
At 9:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm. Seeing as how I'm now addicted to the cheese fest that is So You Think You Can Dance? and I'm not even stimming or even particularly hormonal, I'm really not the one to ask about your fixation with Rockstar INXS. Good luck!!!!

 
At 11:58 PM, Blogger zhl said...

Oh, man, now I've got to come out with my Rock Star INXS like. It's not an obsession like I have for the Amazing Race, but I've given up trying to hide my love of cheesy reality tv from my husband. But I like to think I'm only watching the highbrow reality shows. Right. Like they exist.

Here's hoping that your stims are rocking, too.

 
At 6:08 AM, Blogger Amyesq said...

What the heck did you do to deserve all the random spam comments? People, do NOT spam a woman who is on day 13 of stims. Fair warning, I'm just saying. And you are a Goddess for hanging in there like you have been. Keep fighting the good fight!

 
At 7:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Loving the image of the snoopy slipper under the pillow. Hell, snoopy slippers full stop sound rather adorable. Thanks for making us all laugh in the middle of your drug induced haze!

 
At 8:30 PM, Blogger Eggs Akimbo said...

I caught an episode of Rock Star: INXS when I was in the States. I loved it!

 
At 1:42 AM, Blogger OvaGirl said...

Oh dear...sniffing the cap gets my vote. And I'm with mellie's husband! Love INXS's old stuff (coincides with my impressionable high school years)

 
At 2:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You've gone awfully quiet- inquiring minds want to know what's happening. Hope it's going OK- would love an update. Mare xx

 

Post a Comment

<< Home