Pamplemousse

PCOS - check. Infertility - check. IVF - check. 43 years young - check. Sick of babydust - fricking double check. Join a Scottish infertile as she slowly swirls down the plughole. Now with added donor egg flava.

Sunday, July 24, 2005

Snakes and Ladders

After my weekend trip, I was feeling much more like myself and tripped my way through the week, still fighting the hormones but on the whole, feeling not too shabby. I had decided to take a couple of days off work at the end of the week as Monday is a public holiday. I was on a high as my BP has been pretty steady around the 120/70 mark, blood sugars well controlled and I have lost a further 3 kgs since the last go. I was feeling pretty chipper all round. Lots of relaxing going on, gardening and lazing in the sun as despite this being Scotland, the daytime temps have resolutely refused to go below 70 degrees (so it is officially a heatwave!).


On Friday, I thought "Hmmm. Funny. It is my 15th day on Synarel but still no letter from the clinic about when to go for baseline scan??" I thought that I would e-mail the co-ordinator but no panic about the radio silence as I had to down-reg for 22 days last cycle. I figured that it was probably going to be the 29th July.


Well, I soon had that shit kicked out of me pronto. Five minutes after my enquiring e-mail comes the reply - 9th August at 9.30am. In other words, carry on sniffing until 32 days have passed and my ovaries will be so shrivelled and blackened that they will need dynamite to get them going. Never mind that they only retrieved 4 eggs last time. So what - it is not like it is going to work any better. Just humour her.

If that co-ordinator had been standing before me, I would have ripped her limb from limb then set her on fire. Mr P's computer was lucky to have survived unscathed as I hammered back an anguished "But, but, but...WHHHYYYY!!" The reply was short and sweet and brooked no argument - "scheduling". In other words, all the fucking bitches that have regular 28 day cycles and have to start injections on Day 3 have to be scheduled in first and only then can us scrofulous, irregular, underclass of broken cows be squeezed in, like charity cases.

So much for relaxing thoughts.

WTF????? Obviously my relaxing and feeling better with very little crying or sobbing going on had been brought to the attention of the IVF thought police. "Lets show her what we think of that kind of upstart malarkey. She will be thinking she will get pregnant soon. Hahahaha".

WHAM! Take that. Get back to your sobbing and stop trying to rise above your infertile station.

8 Comments:

At 10:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Moussey, that sucks. WTF indeed?! They just leave you hanging in Synarel hell until they can fit you in? Nooooooooooo. Noooooooo. You have my full sympathies!

 
At 11:03 PM, Blogger Amyesq said...

What?!?! That's ridiculous! They can't get you in any earlier? I am so sorry.

 
At 11:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, no. Shit. I'm so sorry. I'm with Suz. I'd be on the phone pronto. I hope you get it straightened out.

 
At 2:15 AM, Blogger DeadBug said...

Oh, Mousse! I am so very sorry. There is so much bloody waiting in the process; the last thing you need is an extra ten days of it.

As Internal Spring said, I'm also curious as to why they have decided to suppress you so heavily after a poor response last time. Or is Synarel not as strong as Lupron, and more like BCPs? My only suppression this round was BCPs (after that first harvest was so paltry, they nixed the Lupron altogether), with an antagon in the second half of the stim cycle; guess I assumed that was the norm, but I'm sure each clinic has its own methods.

Oh, and the scheduling thing: yep, I ended up on BCPs for longer than I expected because the clinic has certain times of each month during which they do the stims and retrieval, so everyone gets plugged into the same basic pattern. I know they have exceptions, but for anyone who CAN conform to their schedule, that's what they do.

--Bugs

 
At 1:31 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

They suck they suck they suck. How dare they do this to you??? Dont they deal with desperate hormonal women often enough to know that jerking you around is just really really cruel.

Want me to come over and beat 'em up for ya?

 
At 9:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh what bastards they are. Seriously moussie, I would call and make a big fuss. Write it all down before you call - about the four eggs last time, the worry about oversuppression etc.

When you call stay really calm, and insist, if you don't get any joy, on talking to the doctor. Just keep saying you understand their problems with scheduling, but you see little point in a cycle which suppresses you for 32 days given what happened last time. Say you will go with it, but only after the doctor has explained to you why this protocol is ok for you. Just keep saying that, nice and calm and reasonable, and see what happens.

And if they put you through to his assistant, my experience is that crying can help.

Good luck sweetie

 
At 12:45 AM, Blogger Susie said...

That is horrible. I am so sorry! They should be ashamed for treating you like that. :-(

Good luck though, we are all pulling for you here!

 
At 10:07 PM, Blogger TK said...

how about we all just show up, kick their sorry asses and make them see you-will that help?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home