Pamplemousse

PCOS - check. Infertility - check. IVF - check. 43 years young - check. Sick of babydust - fricking double check. Join a Scottish infertile as she slowly swirls down the plughole. Now with added donor egg flava.

Saturday, August 20, 2005

Cometh Friday..cometh the wandmonkey

My wee cuddies of follicles are doing their usual slow and steady stately progress after 8 days of stims. I stimmed for 16 days last cycle and I don't think it is going to be any different this time round.

This may be impossible for all you OCD-like infertile info junkies to grasp but I have asked the nurses not to give me any info on follicle sizes or follicle numbers or E2 levels. Yes, I know! How bizarre!

It helps me maintain an even keel and keep the stress levels down though. Last cycle was such a rollercoaster of "Wahey! 10 follicles" then "Sob! only 2 follicles".

I cannot bear it this time round. Even if it is only 2 follicles this time round, I am prepared for the worst. I am fervently hoping for better but I am positively realistic this time round.

So today things are fine, continue with the same dose of stims and back in Tuesday. That is all I know.

It is all I want or need to know.

8 Comments:

At 4:30 PM, Blogger MsPrufrock said...

I agree. I don't stress, or sometimes even know at all my follicle number and sizes. I figure it has no effect on the outcome, and if anything I'd overanalyse. Sometimes ignorance is bliss.

 
At 4:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think that is a fabulous idea. My first clinic never told me the sizes of the follicles, at that time, I just thought that was normal. It does get to be too much when you fret about that which you can't control.

You are doing the best that you can do.

Good luck with everything.

 
At 6:07 PM, Blogger WonderMama said...

Totally not bizarre!!
I think its a great idea and I think I'll request the same thing with my upcoming injectable cycle.

Anything that lowers the stress level has to be a good thing.

 
At 8:12 AM, Blogger MC said...

I think that's a great idea as well. My Dr usaully doesn't say waht size they are and casually mentions a rough figure of how many there are. There's enough to worry about in this process any way.

 
At 10:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good for you for knowing what you need to make this manageable.

 
At 10:23 PM, Blogger Donna said...

I always wanted to know the details but now looking back I wish I had been able to do with less information. Good luck.

 
At 12:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whatever it takes to get through a cycle. Good luck on Friday!

 
At 1:40 PM, Blogger OvaGirl said...

May the wandmonkey wield favourably. And info on a need to know basis...good idea...and good luck!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home