Pamplemousse

PCOS - check. Infertility - check. IVF - check. 43 years young - check. Sick of babydust - fricking double check. Join a Scottish infertile as she slowly swirls down the plughole. Now with added donor egg flava.

Friday, May 20, 2005

Reasons to be Cheerful

The new series of Will & Grace starts tonight! Yee-haw! I loves me some Jack.

5 more days to work and then it is the first Pamplemousse holiday of this year. I cannot wait. I may have given the impression that sunshine is the only thing I crave. However, do not fall into the trap of thinking it is a beach holiday. No sirree! I am a city holiday gal. I live here in the animal-ridden country full of tractors, hills and grass.

When I go on holiday, I want shops, art galleries, museums, cappuccinos and culture....did I mention shops? NYC is my all-time fave destination but this time it is one week in Amsterdam in our favourite boutique canal-side hotel. It is our wedding anniversary when we are there and we will celebrate in style. The hotel is run by two gay men (in Amsterdam. Of course!) and it is all stripped floors, antique furniture and a beautiful courtyard garden. This will be swiftly followed by a week at my SIL's in London, just chilling out with good food, catching up with family news and enjoying that London vibe.

I am absolutely cock-a-hoop to find out that the Tate Modern is opening the Frida Kahlo exhibition the week we are there. I love her work and I have only seen one or two of her paintings in the flesh.

I am really excited. At least it takes my mind off of IVF and all that rubbish.

5 Comments:

At 9:52 PM, Blogger MsPrufrock said...

Gasp...sputter...weep...Damn you and your Frida Kahlo viewing! I'm so anxious to see that exhibit but won't get up to London for awhile. Please please please tell me how it is once you return.

 
At 1:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have a WICKED AWESOME vacation (as we say in Boston). I did not know about the Sex Museum. Can you go and take some photos for us? Millie, do they sell fertility charms or anything?

 
At 1:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hate Blogger. It is removing my name from my comments. That was me wishing you a wicked awesome vacation

Susan / holding pattern

 
At 3:23 AM, Blogger Amyesq said...

Your holiday sounds wonderful, my dear. I am very jealous about Amsterdam. Never been, but would love to go. Have fun in London, too. I'm sure there are lots of great Moog shops for Dh, and if you bump into a couple in a London Moog shop in mid-June w/a loud American wife and quiet British hub, well, it's us :)

 
At 11:30 PM, Blogger moi said...

Frieda Kahlo - a fantastically inspiring infertile. Sounds like good times ahead. Eat well! stay up late! tell us what they're all wearing in the big cities. My friend told me this morning that it's gauzy Indian sundresses that go to the ground and sheepskin sandals but I think she may not quite have her finger on the pulse.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home