Pamplemousse

PCOS - check. Infertility - check. IVF - check. 43 years young - check. Sick of babydust - fricking double check. Join a Scottish infertile as she slowly swirls down the plughole. Now with added donor egg flava.

Saturday, April 23, 2005

Hate to say I told you so....

Friday's U/S was a bit of a blow. I could tell by Nurse Ratchet's face that things were not quite au fait. She might as well come right out and say "you are a fat non-responder and stop wasting our time here".

I definitely have 10 follicles but they have not grown since last U/S on Tuesday.

Nurse Ratchet gave me the obligatory and desultory pep talk that my lining had increased so they were just about to take off. However, I have seen this episode before and I switched off.

Next pow-wow with my whatevah ovaries first thing on Monday. Deep joy! Now all I get to do this weekend is worry and cry and contemplate the back-end of the retrieval bus driving away in front off me.

8 Comments:

At 3:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sorry hon.

 
At 4:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh no, I am so sorry. I hope Nurse Ratchett is right though and they do start to catch up.

Thinking of you.

 
At 5:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shit. I'm so sorry. This crap sucks so much.

 
At 7:36 PM, Blogger TK said...

that sucks...I've been down that road and it is no fun. hoping your ovaries decide to get working and Monday's results will be better

 
At 11:09 PM, Blogger DeadBug said...

Thinking of you and hoping that tomorrow's results are better than you anticipate. It's miserably hard to wait and hope and be full of fear, and I wish there was some way of getting through this whole process without the emotional rollercoaster.

--Bugs

 
At 5:16 AM, Blogger MC said...

Sorry to hear the news,I also hope the nurse is right and they catch up this weekend. This is so typical of IVF crap, it's not fair. I just want it to go smoothly for all of us for once. Is that too much to ask? I don't know these days I say thank God for weekends and holidays so I can have my nervy B's then and still manage to somehow get through work.

 
At 10:36 PM, Blogger DeadBug said...

Any word yet?

All extremeties crossed for you.

--Bugs

 
At 8:59 PM, Blogger ankaisa said...

I'm so sorry! I do hope they decided to grow anyway.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home