Pamplemousse

PCOS - check. Infertility - check. IVF - check. 43 years young - check. Sick of babydust - fricking double check. Join a Scottish infertile as she slowly swirls down the plughole. Now with added donor egg flava.

Monday, May 16, 2005

Eggshells and Miracle-Gro

The sun shone this weekend, I got sunburnt and realised it was time to dig out the fake tan to disguise the strap marks and the fish-white legs.

On Friday the 13th, my abortive IVF cycle had stuttered to a final halt as my period arrived. I viewed this event as dispassionately as the rabbits munching their way through the frilly greenness of my herbaceous borders. Who cares?

I have realised all I really want to do is lie in the hammock and watch Mr P work in the garden. He has pressure-washed the terrace and the greenhouse this weekend and I just watched him, silent as the grave.

It is almost time for my holidays and I am really in need of them. My mojo seems to have deserted me. All I want is more sunshine on my face and a different view in the morning.

4 Comments:

At 10:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope your holiday brings lots of sunshine your way.

 
At 3:58 AM, Blogger MC said...

I'm glad you are taking a holiday. Spoil yourself and lie in the sunshine.

 
At 7:31 PM, Blogger WonderMama said...

I agree with InSpring. There is something lovely and comforting about watching a man you love work on the space you share together.

I hope your holiday is filled with sunny skys and serenity.

 
At 2:35 AM, Blogger moi said...

so a Brit girl with fish-white legs is missing her mojo? best get yourself on holiday right away! Watching Mr P in the garden sounds quite cute ... I wish I had a handy-dandy husband.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home