Pamplemousse

PCOS - check. Infertility - check. IVF - check. 43 years young - check. Sick of babydust - fricking double check. Join a Scottish infertile as she slowly swirls down the plughole. Now with added donor egg flava.

Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Why Pamper Life's Complexities?

The above-titled symposium is being held next week at Metropolitan University, Manchester to analyse, construct and deconstruct iconic 1980s band The Smiths. Academics from across the globe will explore some of Morrissey and his band's lyrics and music from the literary and cultural points of view.

Man oh man, where do I sign up???

2 Comments:

At 12:18 AM, Blogger DeadBug said...

No WAY! I feel about this much the same way I felt about seeing U2 get inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame: 1) totally validated, and 2) am I really THAT OLD?

Love the Smiths, love Morrissey, but also loved the following one-line review of his first solo album; wish I could remember where I read it: "Morrissey needs to get laid and eat a cheeseburger." That was it. The entire review.

--Bugs

 
At 4:34 PM, Blogger Amyesq said...

Wow, how cool is that? It shows that Morrissey fans are all grown up now and can have their own symposiums. I think the next line has something to do with leather and passenger seats.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home