Pamplemousse

PCOS - check. Infertility - check. IVF - check. 43 years young - check. Sick of babydust - fricking double check. Join a Scottish infertile as she slowly swirls down the plughole. Now with added donor egg flava.

Monday, April 04, 2005

When the Leather Runs Smooth on the Passenger Seat

Congrats, Amy! You guessed correctly the next line!

Someone asked for pics of my garden but unfortunately I am a complete loser when it comes to this blogging in that I cannot figure out how to do anything yet but I do not have enough time to sit and figure it out! Arrggh! Maybe one day.

It has been a holiday weekend here in my little corner of Scotland. We are all heathens and do not celebrate Easter but we still have a trades holiday when traditionally the factory and farm workers were let out to play. For the last fortnight, we have been hemmed in by coastal fog (haar) and rain but this weekend, lo! what shining orb is that in the sky? Yay, sunshine. It has been so nice to see the sun and potter about in the garden as it slowly comes to life. Mr P also had to rescue a baby rabbit which had taken up residence beside our kitchen door.

It was lucky that I didn't snap its neck out of sheer Synarel-induced rage. Sigh! 12 sniffing days down and only 9 days to go until the baseline scan and hopefully start stims. I have been feeling the rage and Mr P is keeping his head down. It is lucky that he has a new toy to play with as he barricades himself into his study. He got a new synth - a Korg MS2000B. Don't ask me anymore about it - I only know it was v. expensive. As long as he is happy and keeps the bolt on his door haha!

I am trying not to stress out about whether I will be under-suppressed or over-suppressed at the baseline scan in 9 days or whether my contrary ovaries will do anything required of them. After 6 clomid cycles and 6 injectible cycles where nothing ever went to plan, I am prepared for the worst now. That is the nearest I get to feeling positive nowadays.

1 Comments:

At 2:12 AM, Blogger Amyesq said...

Damn, girlfriend! Twelve medicated cycles. You are a Goddess just for living through that without killing someone. I vote for "perfectly suppressed" for your lovely ovaries. Yay for the sunshine, too. I hope it holds for when I am there in June.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home