Pamplemousse

PCOS - check. Infertility - check. IVF - check. 43 years young - check. Sick of babydust - fricking double check. Join a Scottish infertile as she slowly swirls down the plughole. Now with added donor egg flava.

Friday, January 06, 2006

Keeping My Options Open

I e-mailed R*new in South Africa for further info on their donor egg programme.

"Why?" you may ask.

I do not really know why, truth be told. My donor is still in place, our final counselling session for myself and Mr P is next week and we are still going forward. However, my clinic is dragging their heels. I don't know if they just have a huge amount of IVFers coming through in the next few months or what but I just cannot pin them down to a definite starting month.

Needless to say, this is driving me crazy!!! I never seem to be going forward. Movement is just an illusion. So to create the illusion of further momentum, I e-mailed Rob*n at R*new.

You know, just to keep my options open.

On different corners of the world, lets all send huge good fertilisation vibes & thoughts to Millie as her donor had her retrieval today in SA and 7 eggs were retrieved. Go eggs!!!

Also lining vibes to Wessel as she prepares for her journey for her FET. Go lining...come on!!!

16 Comments:

At 7:09 PM, Blogger Portlairge said...

You go girl! More options are good.

 
At 7:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Options are indeed good. Waiting, however, sucks beyond belief. I hope things pick up soon.

 
At 8:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It never hurts to check out the other options, so good for you. Hope your clinic clicks into gear soon, must be maddening.

 
At 12:31 AM, Blogger Donna said...

I agree, if you are tired of waiting, then create another path for yourself. Let us know when you hear back!

 
At 1:06 AM, Blogger charlie's mom said...

Yes, good for you! Waiting blows! Anything you can do to move forward is good.

 
At 4:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Options? Yay! Waiting? Nay! I'm hoping that your clinic gets it's act together asap.

 
At 5:43 AM, Blogger Sparkle said...

I understand exactly why you did that. The minute things start looking shakey, you need to be sure of another option or Plan B. It's the only way to feel like you have any control. Can't imagine why the clinic can't set a date, what's another blood test or ultra sound to schedule!

 
At 2:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooohhh...exciting! Our reasoning is similar. Keep us posted.

 
At 3:54 PM, Blogger Nico said...

I too can't believe your clinic is dragging their feet. Why would regular IVFers get preference over you? You're going to be paying them the same damn money, right? That is SO frustrating!!! Good for you for exploring other options.

 
At 7:00 PM, Blogger Mellie said...

I think it makes perfect sense to have called them. It's like bringing an umbrella along - if you hadn't brought one surely it'll rain.

 
At 8:45 PM, Blogger April said...

I completely understand why you did this, but still wanted to wish you the best of luck.

 
At 12:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Options are a good thing to have. Of course a start date for your cycle would be even better! I'm hoping the clinic picks up the pace quickly.

 
At 1:18 AM, Blogger avonlea said...

You are going to make this happen, there's no doubt about that!

 
At 1:40 AM, Blogger chris said...

Lots of options, yeah, that's a good thing.

 
At 8:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Options are good. I hope things speed up for you soon.

 
At 6:54 PM, Blogger Bad Egg said...

You've got a back-up plan, and that's just smart. So many variables come into play, why not have more than one option, right? Keep us posted.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home