Pamplemousse

PCOS - check. Infertility - check. IVF - check. 43 years young - check. Sick of babydust - fricking double check. Join a Scottish infertile as she slowly swirls down the plughole. Now with added donor egg flava.

Monday, December 19, 2005

Part 3...You still here????

Just some more photos from Prague. I will move onto my Xmas debacle once these have been posted. Merry Xmas, Hannukah, solstice, whatever to you all. I hope you survived.







The temps were freezing so it was a good excuse for anything hot...wine, grog (rum, vodka and some other unidentified liquid eek!), hot dough curls (of which the Czech name escaped me).
The dough had caramel and nuts in it and when you first pick it up, it is HOT!

These stalls always had a giant queue at them so I figured it was worth a try. It seemed to me that everything sold in the way of foodstuffs either was loaded with sugar or alcohol or both! What a country!



This is the Xmas market in Wenceslas Square which is not a square. More of a boulevard. Once used for demonstrations against the Communists and now the centre of capitalism in the shape of Marks and Spencer and Debenhams. Just like home!










Dusk on Wenceslas Square I am having real difficulties with photos on Blogger but I am sure you can get a flavour of the city. Depite the near-constant darkness, it was fabulous as per usual. It made it gezellig, as the Dutch would say.

You can click on the photos to get an even bigger, more fuzzy image haha! I am as good a photographer as I am a breeder.

14 Comments:

At 2:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I absolutely am amazed by the blue Christmas tree... I've never seen such a blue Christmas tree.

 
At 2:59 PM, Blogger Nico said...

I don't know why you say you're a bad photographer - the picture of the blue tree is stunning. I love how all the colors around it are muted.

I'm definitely adding Prague to my list of places to see. For the hot dough curls, if nothing else. Yum!

 
At 3:08 PM, Blogger DD said...

I've been inspired! I am doing a blue tree outside next year and we can listen to Elvis sing about it.

And how could you leave us with such a cliffhanger. A xmas debacle? You don't say!

 
At 6:04 PM, Blogger Susie said...

Gorgeous pictures! I love Prague. But I have never been there in winter!

 
At 6:41 PM, Blogger avonlea said...

I agree, ugh I hate cliffhangers wasn't the 2ww bad enough? But more important, no more debacles for Ms. P - if anyone did anything unkind to you, I'll be getting on a plane so I can beat them up.

 
At 9:39 PM, Blogger Donna said...

Dammit, now I have to go to Prague! It looks amazing, but cold, no wonder everything is hot. Now, about that debacle??

 
At 1:57 AM, Blogger Amyesq said...

So incredible! Thanks for sharing these. Now onward to the Christmas debacle stories!

 
At 3:31 PM, Blogger ninaB said...

Still here. Nice to know there are others out there.
hmmm. In my house all Christmas's are debacles. I thought it was the norm.

 
At 8:42 PM, Blogger MC said...

The Christmas decorations look amazing.
Waiting with baited breath for the Christmas debacle.

 
At 4:49 AM, Blogger Lisa said...

I am immediately adding Prague to my "Places I Will Go" list - it's beautiful! And now we MUST hear about the debacle!

 
At 2:55 PM, Blogger Fertile Soul said...

Great pictures. What a beautiful place.

Happy New Year!

 
At 12:21 AM, Blogger Katie said...

Beautiful pics.

But you can't say there was a Christmas debacle and not tell more. So fess up.

 
At 5:09 PM, Blogger Liz said...

Great pics! I loved Prague and will definitely go back but not in the winter. Love the blue Christmas tree.

 
At 9:19 PM, Blogger chris said...

What a great city. Thank goodness they now have McDonalds.

I'm kidding about that last part. Sort of.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home