Pamplemousse

PCOS - check. Infertility - check. IVF - check. 43 years young - check. Sick of babydust - fricking double check. Join a Scottish infertile as she slowly swirls down the plughole. Now with added donor egg flava.

Thursday, December 08, 2005

Trials and Tribulations

Is it wrong to watch as your phone rings and dsplays the Caller ID of your mother and ignore it??? In my defence, Rome was on TV at the time and then quickly followed by Lost. Oh, I don't care. Good TV trumps my mother every time.

Is it wrong to want to bomb the hairstylists place of work after you say "Trim the ends only-I have been growing it since the summer". She hears "Blah blah blah trim the whole fucking lot that has grown since the summer blah blah blah"!!!

Cue much wailing and crying from me and helpless patting and shoulder-shrugging from Mr P who does not really understand the whole woman-hair-self esteem dynamic thing and just wants to hide away in his studio for some blessed peace and quiet away from the wailing????

Fat chance, mister! You made those vows solemnly and its time to pay the piper. What do you mean you thought it just meant sex on tap (ha!), cooked meals and and a supply of clean underwear? Snort!

Is it wrong to shout at the nurse at the clinic who has just told you that they have lost some of your donor's screening blood tests and this will mean that due to the holiday closedown, the full results will not be available until the beginning of January?? I thought not. In fact, I think shouting is very restrained under the circumstances. See hairstylist's fate above!

I could go on but this week has tried the limits of my sanity beyond safety. I am now going to pack for Prague as we leave tomorrow. I am not going to pack the bad karma fairy. Mr P might have some clean underwear for his trip, if he is very, very lucky. Catch up next week!!

21 Comments:

At 3:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, no. A not so great haircut and delayed test results? So not good. I hope you have a wonderful trip. And yeah, leaving the karma fairy behind is a good move.

 
At 3:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Errr I hate it when my haircut goes bad.... delays, ugh, the worst. So sorry, wish we could bomb that place as well as the hair salon.

Hopefully megadoses of pilsner and Prague will cure all of these frustrations.

Have a great time!

 
At 4:25 PM, Blogger zhl said...

What a double whammy--bad haircut and a delay. I've contracted an unbelievable bad case of haircut karma myself.

I hope you have a great time in Prague. And please come back with wonderful stories.

 
At 5:13 PM, Blogger DD said...

Before we went completely to cell-phone communication, I looooved caller ID. I not only ignored my mother, but MIL as well.

Instead of shouting at the nurse, maybe you should have recommended HIGHLY your hairstylist to her for a holiday 'do...is that evil?

Have a wonderful and safe trip.

 
At 6:32 PM, Blogger Mellie said...

have a great trip and may all the bad luck take a long vacation of its own.

 
At 6:40 PM, Blogger Thalia said...

Oh the shouting was entirely justified. Have a wonderful time in prague!

 
At 6:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Gd. So sorry! I hate it when they lose the blood. Why DO they so often lose the blood? What's up with that? My theory is that some clumsy, doped-up oaf drops the vials on the floor, they shatter, and then they all conspire to make up a cock and bull story about the vials getting "lost." Uh huh.

Had to laugh at the hubby comments. The thing is, see, that that is EXACTLY what they thought they were getting in exchange for those wedding vows. That's why it's so funny.

Hope your holiday makes up for these snafus.

 
At 7:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What crap! And I don't think any of those things are wrong (love ROME!). Have a lovely vacation/holiday - can't wait to hear all about it.

glug, glug, glug!

 
At 9:08 PM, Blogger chris said...

Have a wonderful time in Prague.

 
At 10:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bastards.

The best revenge is going on vacation before Christmas! Alas, Downfall replays on Saturday night...

 
At 10:33 PM, Blogger Lut C. said...

Enjoy yourself in Prague!
Forget about us and IF for a while. :-)

 
At 11:18 PM, Blogger Anna said...

Oooh! Have a great time in Prague! I hope it's a lovely trip.

Nope, not wrong to ignore your mom at all; although I'm not close to my mom so this isn't really hard for me.

Getting the wrong hair cut/style bites! It's like it turns my worlkd on it's ear. I know it seems small, but it has a huge impact.

I also heartily endorse the screaming thing. If someone proves incompetent in any way, they should be reprimanded. So yell away.

Now go have a good time!

 
At 11:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How frustrating that the blood work was lost on top of a not so good haircut. I think screaming is perfectly justified - even if it's at innocent bystanders!

Have a fab time in Prague!

 
At 2:24 AM, Blogger Nico said...

Have a wonderful vacation! And on your way out, kick the bad karma fairy in the ass.

 
At 11:14 AM, Blogger DrSpouse said...

Not only do we ignore calls that say they are my mother, we also ignore calls that say "Withheld" because she does that too (she has her number withheld as default but we have managed to change it on one of her speed-dial phones, but not the other. Hmm. Time for a visit to her house, I think).

 
At 4:05 PM, Blogger Katie said...

You need to have a really wonderful time in Prague and drink all that hot wine, which I think is a wonderful tonic for a bad day/week/month/year.

Have a lovely lovely trip! We'll miss you!

 
At 8:14 PM, Blogger MC said...

Have a great time in Prague. Get stuck into those divine beers.
When haircuts go wrong. I had a few of those in my teenage years.

 
At 2:01 PM, Blogger ninaB said...

Ummm, wasn't caller ID invented specifically by someone who was trying to avoid talking to their mother?
Are you having a lovely time in Prague?

 
At 6:43 PM, Blogger Amyesq said...

So you send the nurse a gift certificate for a new hairstyle at your salon.

Have a great time in Prague, my dear.

 
At 1:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The nurse who lost the blood? Evil cow.

The hairstylist who turned what should have been a new 'do into a dont? Skanky ho.

The fellow blogger who screens ALL CALLS and calls back when and if I feel like it? Moi. Please don't feel guilty about not picking up when your mother rings bc that means I'm officially going to Hell.

Have a fabulous, fabulous time!!

 
At 9:46 AM, Blogger Sparkle said...

I think caller id was invented specifically for screening family members. Some of mine got wise and hid their id's, so now I screen all anonymous calls as well.
Unbelievable that a clinic would lose blood. I guess your donor will get one small insight into the admin mess that is IF.
Have a great time in Prague

 

Post a Comment

<< Home