Pamplemousse

PCOS - check. Infertility - check. IVF - check. 43 years young - check. Sick of babydust - fricking double check. Join a Scottish infertile as she slowly swirls down the plughole. Now with added donor egg flava.

Saturday, April 30, 2005

Above us only sky

On Friday, there were 2 definites and one maybe.

A discussion was had regarding retrieval vs. IUI. The 3 follicles are all on my left ovary and it is my left tube which is blocked. My right ovary is like the Deathstar - dark and brooding and empty.

After some debate and gnawing of my own hands, we decided to play the cards that have been dealt. Retrieval will be Tuesday morning. I feel at peace with my decision and I am under no illusions as to the odds of anything being left to transfer. I am going back into my cave now.

7 Comments:

At 2:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So sorry honey. I'll spare you the "it only takes one" speech lest you leap through the monitor and strangle me, which I would totally deserve. Hoping for the best.

 
At 5:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry. This crap sucks so much. I know it's impossible to do for yourself (trust me, I know) but I'm still hoping for you. A ton.

 
At 5:50 PM, Blogger Amyesq said...

I am crossing everything for you.

 
At 8:39 PM, Blogger ankaisa said...

I'm so sorry. I was hoping for more, like I'm sure you did, too. But I can still hope that there will be more found on Tuesday!!

 
At 6:20 AM, Blogger MC said...

I'm hoping too. Good luck with the procedure.

 
At 3:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Will be thinking of you tomorrow, Moussey- hope you got a chance to chill out a bit on this Bank Holiday Monday. Very best of luck to you.

 
At 6:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hoping with everything I've got that one of those lovely lefties comes through for you.

--Bugs

 

Post a Comment

<< Home