Pamplemousse

PCOS - check. Infertility - check. IVF - check. 43 years young - check. Sick of babydust - fricking double check. Join a Scottish infertile as she slowly swirls down the plughole. Now with added donor egg flava.

Sunday, September 02, 2007

Ok Go

I have just had a huge shock.

A period snuck up on me. Yes, it is CD42 and I have very irregular cycles but this never, ever happens to me. A defective egg feels like the Alien bursting out to me and there is no missing it when it happens. Then the 12-13 days of super-bloat, sugar cravings and generally wanting to kill people. None of that this time.

I did have some ovary pain this week but I thought I had a cyst. They were like super-sharp twinges but PCOS is the gift that never stops so any sturm and drang that goes on down there is pretty much par for the PCOS-course.

No matter. All it means is today is the 1st Yasmin pill and in 3 weeks-ish, it is the depot lupron shot.

The way this year is flying by, it will be Xmas card writing time any day now.

9 Comments:

At 1:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope that this surprise start is just the beginning of a great cycle. Wishing you much luck.

 
At 2:23 AM, Blogger DD said...

I can't believe you had the audacity to mention *xmas* within hours of August being over! I guess that means since you're already thinking about it, you don't have an excuse this year...

 
At 5:55 PM, Blogger BigP's Heather said...

Oh, I don't even want to think about having to write cards....crap.

YAY for starting on your own!

 
At 9:34 PM, Blogger moo said...

sturm and drang?

 
At 1:09 AM, Blogger Ollie said...

Oooh, yeah. Jump-start, warningless periods. My favorite kind. Hopefully it's the start of a great cycle.

 
At 2:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So I should be sending you a card this year?

Do you really think it was the Bobby Bacc ending? We have a few theories.

Lovely, lovely, sneaky period and I love all the scottishims - makes me miss - um - hmm - being there I suppose - haha!

 
At 12:48 PM, Blogger beagle said...

How nice when your own body can be an endless source of surprise amazement.

Well, no matter since you're off and running with your DE cycle!

 
At 7:07 PM, Blogger Lut C. said...

Wow, you usually have warning signs to go on? All my periods sneak up on me like that, at least when I'm not on the pill.

Oh well, one more thing to strike of the cycle TODO list.

 
At 7:09 AM, Blogger millie said...

Bring on the depo and back the bags! It won't be long now.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home