Pamplemousse

PCOS - check. Infertility - check. IVF - check. 43 years young - check. Sick of babydust - fricking double check. Join a Scottish infertile as she slowly swirls down the plughole. Now with added donor egg flava.

Sunday, June 17, 2007

You Can't Get There From Here






















The next time I complain how cold and wet and miserable this country is, just remind me of these photos when the temp was 24 deg celsius (otherwise known as Scottish heatwave weather).
The beautiful beach is Camusdarrach, between Arisaig and Morar.
The train on the bridge is the Jacobite Express (otherwise known as the Harry P*tter steam train) on the Glenfinnan viaduct.
The antelope and gazelle antlers were in the foyer of the Glenfinnan House Hotel. Scrummy food and a beautiful place to hold a wedding.
Any islands you can see in the photos are either Eigg, Rum or Skye.
The bare legs are those of Mr P =o

10 Comments:

At 2:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

*whimpers with longing* I m so jealous that you live in Scotland. I know, I keep saying that. Can I move in with you? I'm a very good cook! Though I will have to bring Sarge.

 
At 3:10 AM, Blogger Jess said...

Lovely lovely lovely!! :)

 
At 1:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just gorgeous! Maybe next time we go to Ire, we'll pop over.

 
At 6:56 PM, Blogger Thalia said...

damn I was going to make a funny remark about the legs and you preempted me! It looks really lovely. H was keen for us to head to the islands on holiday but the sheer distance has nixed it for this year, now I'm v jealous.

 
At 6:26 PM, Blogger beagle said...

Would you like to do a house swap some time??

Those photos are gorgeous. Looks like you had a wonderful time.

 
At 7:47 PM, Blogger Katie said...

Really beautiful, and nice legs!

 
At 9:00 PM, Blogger Summer said...

Looks serene and just beautiful. Thanks for sharing!

 
At 9:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I live in desert hell - so thank you for posting the loveliest (is that a word) damn pictures!

www.thewaitingline.typepad.com

 
At 7:05 AM, Blogger Jennifer said...

wow very nice.

 
At 5:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a joy to see your beautiful country and to be able to say, "I recognize those places!" Last trip was '05, and my sis is there now. Scotland is our favorite home away...Have been reading for the past two years and am so glad you are taking the plunge again. You sound secure in yourself; with child or not, you are a whole person.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home