Pamplemousse

PCOS - check. Infertility - check. IVF - check. 43 years young - check. Sick of babydust - fricking double check. Join a Scottish infertile as she slowly swirls down the plughole. Now with added donor egg flava.

Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Dog Day Afternoons

The thing about waiting for donor (or any IF) treatment is that no matter how long it seems you have to wait, days pass anyway. The sun rises each morning and it sets each night and then there is another day gone on the calendar.

It is August 1st and it is 10 weeks from yesterday until we fly to Cape Town. Aaargh, I have just realised that this means that it is only 10 weeks until I am 42. Actually, you know what? I no longer give a fig for my age. Mr P will always be older than me by 21 months hahahaha. I keep telling him that I am going to die first as I don't want to be left alone without him. Diplomatically, he keeps his mouth shut about what he would prefer in that scenario ;)

So if it is 10 weeks until we leave, that means it is approx 7 weeks until I do the depot lupron injection (as near as dammit to Sept 20th). Since it has been a year since I did any shots, I have probably forgotten how to.

Talking of wee pains in the arse, the owner of the place we stayed at during our first week in Cape Town has just let me know that she has sold it!! That great view in the morning?? I will have a photo of it to remind me. Looks like it will be Camps Bay instead. We stayed there for our 2nd week last year and it was cool, with fabulous sea views. It was a bit noisy where we stayed (road noise) though so I am looking for a quieter alternative. There are heaps of places though so it will not be a problem.

It is funny. I looked back at my archives for last August and it is exactly the same as this year. Counting down to cycle in CT, trying to lose some kilos, going to the arts festival in Argyll, going to the Edinburgh Fringe Festival. Wow, my life is so predictable. In fact, I am going to stop posting new stuff and just post the archives instead hahaha.

Here at Chez Pamplemousse, we are on tenterhooks this week for Amyesq and Tim and the referral for their Chinese adoption. Bring on the twins!! The referral should arrive any day now and I am contemplating starting to bite my nails with the tension. Jeebus knows how they are feeling. Tim and Stan the floor man had better be finishing that nursery or they will be toast.

The bunnies are still alive but the fence is in situ so we have declared a truce. There are plenty of weeds for them to eat elsewhere. I can be magnanimous with the weeds. Let them eat weeds!

Oh, and Mare, we are waiting on you too. No pressure ;)

What else?? Busy trying to book for these exhibits towards the end of the year in London. No individual booking for King Tut yet but the warriors are booked.

Onwards and upwards, people.

13 Comments:

At 6:03 PM, Blogger Jess said...

Glad to hear tha tyou're getting ready for everything.

Nothing wrong with predictible. :)

 
At 9:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lalalaala, I can't HEAR you.

No, seriously, have to wait until Friday because E. is in another country til then (don't ask). After that, though, it's all systems go as far as I am concerned. Keep that sexy new phone on alert for text messages. :)

 
At 12:34 AM, Blogger beagle said...

You can turn 24 instead, we won't tell.

 
At 6:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I must say I really appreciate my husband being older than me.

10 weeks will fly by. I hope this trip brings much success.

 
At 5:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

10 weeks?! That will be gone before you know it...I can't wait! Yay for proven donors!!! I wish twins on you. (In the nicest possibe way, of course! ;-) )

 
At 6:41 PM, Blogger moo said...

10 weeks will fly by! I really cannot wait for you to get there!This is so damn exciting. BTW, Cathy from Renew has a friend with a fantastic place in Camp's Bay. V. V. nice!

 
At 10:44 PM, Blogger Lut C. said...

Summer is the time for reruns.
Fall is the time for exiting new shows ...

 
At 5:09 AM, Blogger millie said...

You'll still be younger than me so just keep that in mind.

You will be in Cape Town so very very very soon. There's gotta be some place quieter in Camps Bay. That was one of my biggest complaints, if you remember.

Here's to Amy and Tim getting news SOON.

 
At 1:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

But I don't think you're going around in circles however much life seems to be repeating itself - after all each year you're in your forties you become even more fabulous.

 
At 1:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What date will you be in Cape Town? I am returning for my 2nd DE cycle in September. When I was there for my first cycle 1 month ago I stayed in a fantastic apartment in Camps Bay called Cape Vistas
http://www.noxrentals.co.za/property.asp?propid=22
I cannot recommend this company enough to rent an apartment through, they were fantastic. Our apartment was on Victoria Rd just up the road from where Cathy at Renew lives, she came to visit so she can tell you how beautiful the apartment was, we had no problems at all with traffic noise.
Good luck to you, I hope all goes well.

 
At 9:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

big plans on the horizon - best of luck to you!

www.thewaitingline.typepad.com

 
At 12:42 AM, Blogger Amyesq said...

OMG I just realized you posted "Bring on the twins!" did everyone have a feeling about this but me? Crazy.

Sadly, one thing different about this year will be that I won't be around to hang out with you all. It will be the first summer in ages I haven't made it to Scotland. (sniff) And with the horrific dollar the way it is, Lord knows when I will be back!

I bet the garden is looking marvelous and that you have been saying Hi to the horsie. Only eight weeks now!

 
At 3:20 AM, Blogger Shoe said...

Oh, darlin'.... let this please be your time! I've always adored little pink baby grapefruits!

mmmwah.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home