Pamplemousse

PCOS - check. Infertility - check. IVF - check. 43 years young - check. Sick of babydust - fricking double check. Join a Scottish infertile as she slowly swirls down the plughole. Now with added donor egg flava.

Sunday, August 19, 2007

Penthouse To Pavement

No, there is no news of Botany yet but I am sticking by my mobile or Mare herself will be able to update. Her waters have broken!! Come on Botany!

Pregnancy news is usually a mixed bag of emotions for me but I do so love it when the babies arrive.

It is a lazy Sunday afternoon here and I am making a puy lentil soup and a beef stew. That alone tells you what the weather is like here mid-August. I am considering the flannel sheets for the bed too.

7 weeks to go, if you are counting down with me to Cape Town.

Places to stay are booked and the title of this post refers to the fact that we blew the budget on penthouse accommodation last time but this time?? Budget-friendly in Camps Bay for 12 nights then 2 nights luxury in Millie's favourite hotel.

I still have to book carhire but that is easy-peasy. I also have to order the depot Lupron shot this week. I still have heaps of Progynova and PIO from last time.

All the ducks seem to be lining up.

12 Comments:

At 8:01 PM, Blogger Drowned Girl said...

It will be here before you know it!

 
At 9:10 PM, Blogger Lut C. said...

Flanel sheets are almost appropriate at my house as well. And beef stew is what we had for dinner. :-)

Counting down with you, you bet. A ticker would make it easier to keep track though. If you were inclined to use things like that.

 
At 12:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was going to offer, you know, the American black market again, but you probably don't want to think about THAT. (my intentions were good....;-) ) If we go back, it will be budget all the way. D might not even go, if his "sample" survived the clinic move. I agree with Lut C. Take back the ticker! And flannel sheets? Its been a sweltering global warmed 105 degrees F, here lately. I may never put flannel on again!

 
At 12:27 AM, Blogger beagle said...

It's a nice thing when the ducks line up!

 
At 2:22 AM, Blogger Amyesq said...

Glad things are coming together for the trip! Wow, it really is deja vu of last year at this time, but I am crossing everything that you bring home a lil' something more this time!

Go Botany!

 
At 2:35 AM, Blogger Jess said...

Hope you have lots of good news from your trip!! :)

 
At 7:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Pamplemousse, I'm glad your ducks are cooperating so nicely. And your soup sounds ideal -- it's pretty nastily cold here as well today. What is that?

 
At 12:27 PM, Blogger Katie said...

We must be mirroring your weather. Pouring rain and we even thought of making a fire last night. We had soup and warm fresh bread. Today I think I'll make some stew like thing too with brown bread. Brrr.

I'm definitely counting the days. I'm going to be buying candles from Mexican grocery today for a number of things-- I'm going to get one and light it for you. I'm pulling so hard for this!

 
At 10:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sometimes the stars all seem to line up and "the moon is in the seventh house, and Jupiter aligns with Mars" All the signs are auspicous. Best wishes

 
At 10:28 AM, Blogger Thalia said...

we're in the frozen north, in northumberland, and it feels more like october than august. But then I'm not really a heat person at the best of times. Roast chicken kept us warm last night, my fave. I don't really do stew...

Glad to hear things are happening. not long at all to go. and a new arrival in between. Very exciting.

 
At 10:23 PM, Blogger millie said...

Those are some nice ducks ya got there. Do you get to talk to Howie???? I soooo miss hearing his voice.

Nick and everyone will take such good care of you.

It's freezing here as well. I'm bundled up in a couple of sweaters.

 
At 8:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home