Pamplemousse

PCOS - check. Infertility - check. IVF - check. 43 years young - check. Sick of babydust - fricking double check. Join a Scottish infertile as she slowly swirls down the plughole. Now with added donor egg flava.

Friday, July 20, 2007

War of the Roses

It's war!

Remember those beautiful roses I planted. Things were getting established and growth was good then the bunnies struck. Over one very wet weekend, they gnawed to the ground two of my beautiful specimens. I was so mad I could spit.

Going on the offensive, I cooked up a little bunny cocktail for them.

Cayenne pepper, hot chilli powder, hot paprika and garlic powder all topped off with some water and detergent liquid. I am not sure if they would like an olive on a stick with that but it certainly seems to have kept the little buggers away from the other rosebushes sprayed with the foul concoction (so far, fingers crossed). Take that, suckers!

This is the reason why I need a dog. Or much better fencing. Or move back to the city. Or perhaps even get a life hahaha!

Perhaps I will not get involved with this. Apparently people here are not spending so much time in their gardens. Well, duh! It might have something to do with the fact that it has hardly stopped raining for most of June and July. And the rain does not stop the rabbits either. Feckers.

4 Comments:

At 7:10 PM, Blogger beagle said...

Don't you have a feline housemate? There are no rabbits at my house, believe me!

Though a dog would be nice to go along with those twins.

:-)

 
At 9:17 PM, Blogger Lut C. said...

Hopefully none of the bunnies are fans of spicy foods. :-)

 
At 11:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Evil bunnies! I'd be so upset if those were my roses. I love my roses like green, leafy children. That concotion you amde sounds awesomely vile. Do you think it would work for Japanese beetles? Because those I have and cannot be rid of.

If you ever have gophers, I've read that a peanut butter and molasses sandwich thrown into the gardne every night keeps occupied so they don't go after flowers.

 
At 10:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you have a local gamekeeper?

I have a lovely recipe with sweet belgian beer, bacon and prunes that is utterly mouthwatering. 'Lapin a la Gueuze'.

Pamplemousse, are you going to city (CF) clinic, and are you using 'name of a bird' at a word with a similar meaning to 'refresh'? Gosh I'm so cryptic I could blush.

Sorry if you'd rather not answer - I only ask because I'm taking my first steps down that path, and I've had emailed you but I can't find the 'email me' button on your blog. You may, quite understandably, prefer not to get emails either, of course!

Alchemilla

 

Post a Comment

<< Home