Pamplemousse

PCOS - check. Infertility - check. IVF - check. 43 years young - check. Sick of babydust - fricking double check. Join a Scottish infertile as she slowly swirls down the plughole. Now with added donor egg flava.

Thursday, May 04, 2006

Lucky White Heather

For those of you who asked about lucky white heather, the story is here.

And less prosaic here.

For those of you who have said that I might get bored being at home for the next 4 weeks, all I can say is "Not a Chance!".

I get a lot of holidays (6 weeks and 10.5 days public holidays) but when you have been working full-time for almost 20 years, the chance to kick back and just relax is worth more than gold to me.

I will get the time to keep up with everyone's blogs and comment, even more than usual.

I can sleep in and catch up on my sleep deficit accrued over the last few months.

My garden is ready and waiting for some quality time and May is the month when if I do not get it in order, all will be lost. The growing capacity in May always amazes me and if I do not get that mulch down, perennials split and weeding up to date, there will be no stopping it.

Even just the simple domestic pleasures of hanging out my washing on the line in the sunshine delight me. Then running out to bring it in as the rain comes on too!

Of course, the biggie will be getting ready for the kitchen installation. No, it has not happened yet and the delivery does not arrive until May 24th so plenty of time to clean out cupboards and pack up dishes and stuff. I also still have to order the new dishwasher and washer dryer and pick out floor and wall tiles.

You see, apart from obsessing about the donor egg cycle, I have loads of things to do. As well as keeping up with my TV watching and the new series of Lost and reading books and my long-neglected cross-stitch. I also have a 40th birthday party this weekend and a trip to the big city to see another of my musical heroes.

No way will I be bored!!!

10 Comments:

At 1:21 PM, Blogger Thalia said...

Ah, I can see you will keep yourself gainfully employed. If only we were like americans and could quilt.

 
At 2:33 PM, Blogger DD said...

If I was an American CEO, yeah, I could probably quit. Everyone else is working like dog here (unless you know something I don't, Thalia!)

Pamplemousse, with all that "spare time" and your ability to keep up on the comments, no post of mine should have to go missing your presence...regardless of how completely inane it may (and probably will) be!

 
At 2:35 PM, Blogger Pamplemousse said...

Hoo hoo, DD. I smell a challenge!

 
At 3:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Um, what's so bad about being bored? It is my lifelong dream to be bored! :)

 
At 4:26 PM, Blogger avonlea said...

I'm so glad you're taking time for yourself and your garden.

Wow - at first I thought Thalia said americans could quit and I was like huh? How else am I going to get to have health insurance? But she wrote quilt - yeah, I guess that makes me American, I can do that.

I'd like to see some garden pictures, I hope you'll post some.

 
At 4:53 PM, Blogger Mellie said...

Y'know, I was thinking of taking a quilting class just yesterday - for real. But why don't the British quilt?

Regardless, my dearest grapefruit, I am thrilled that you are in such a happy state at the moment. Do enjoy your holiday and Mr. Bragg.

 
At 5:54 PM, Blogger beagle said...

Interesting about the lucky white heather. I had a similar lucky charm, it was a wheat weaving that you hang on your bed post for fertility.

The cat promptly destroyed, and all but ate, ours.

Maybe that's our trouble then?? The cat wrecked our luck??

 
At 6:32 PM, Blogger Country Chick said...

Catching up, have been very remiss of late, but you didn't mention if your donor DID have lots of follicles? Have you had the results yet? Hope it's all good, and enjoy the time off, sounds like heaven to me.

 
At 10:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh no you DON'T - does that make you the milkmaid of human kindness?

Alright - I'm american and I can Quit, but not Quilt. Hmmm...

Hello! donor update?!

 
At 1:09 AM, Blogger zarqa said...

Sounds like lots of fabulous spring time activities.
British people don't quilt? I had no idea.:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home