Pamplemousse

PCOS - check. Infertility - check. IVF - check. 43 years young - check. Sick of babydust - fricking double check. Join a Scottish infertile as she slowly swirls down the plughole. Now with added donor egg flava.

Sunday, April 23, 2006

I Can Hear The Grass Grow

Tonight is my last sniff before the baseline tomorrow.

Tomorrow and tomorrow and tomorrow.

I am tied up in knots thinking of what can go wrong with me or my donor or both of us. Or maybe neither of us. Please shoot me before I overthink myself to death.

Another week has passed and another week of feeling like crap. All I do is whine. Mr P must be sick of it.

In an effort to buck myself up, we went out today. The sun was shining and it was 17 degrees(62F). Perfect blue sky and no wind. When the weather is like that here in ofttimes grey Scotland, it means head to the coast.

A bracing walk from the West Sands to the East Sands here was just what the doctor ordered.

Together with a lick of Mr P's raspberry ripple icecream and my very own iced frappucino and rounded off with a Chinese takeaway on the way home to end up, collapsed in front of an episode of the TV series of Planet of the Apes. (Part of Mr P and I's romantic courtship involved a marathon viewing of all the Planet of the Apes films, consecutively. Dweebs, nous???)

Perfect day and just the antidote for the weeblies about this cycle and tomorrow.

13 Comments:

At 7:42 PM, Blogger Sue said...

is this the baseline ultrasound where they see how many eggs your donor has at the start of her cycle before stimming?

 
At 7:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It WAS nice today, wasn't it? I went to the garden centre along with half of the WORLD.

Good luck tomorrow!

 
At 7:54 PM, Blogger avonlea said...

Maybe, just maybe, everything will go....right. Maybe you need to be prepared for good things too.

 
At 8:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh.... those pics make me want to get on a plane immediately! Lovely!

Wishing you much luck and love for tomorrow... and just remember... "Over-analysis is paralysis."

 
At 8:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, those pics are so lovely. A walk among that has got to do a person good.

I really think it's impossible not to whine while on these evil suppression drugs. I know I've been doing my fair share. How else are we supposed to get through it?

Good luck with baseline tomorrow! I am hoping so much for you.

 
At 10:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck!!! Good news, I hope...

 
At 11:09 PM, Blogger Nico said...

Wow, I can't believe your baseline scan is here! Hoping it's good news all the way around.

 
At 1:28 AM, Blogger beagle said...

Wishing you and donor good results tomorrow! Good Luck all around!

 
At 4:54 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

Glad to hear that you had such a nice day. No matter what kind of stress we are under, it is important to take time to enjoy some of the things in life that have nothing to do with TTC!
Good luck!

 
At 2:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck today - hope all went well!

When is Morrissey? That should make you feel better (or want to slit your wrists)!

 
At 5:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a beautiful day. I hope things just keep getting lovlier and lovlier for you.

 
At 6:53 PM, Blogger Thalia said...

We had a lovely walk on Saturday, yesterday was horrible down South. Glad you had such fun. I do hope today went well. You always give millie a hard time for not updating in a timely manner - well where's your update??

 
At 7:30 PM, Blogger Chee Chee said...

It looks absolutely beautiful. I am glad that you had an opportunity to take some time to just enjoy the weather.

Good luck tomorrow.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home