Pamplemousse

PCOS - check. Infertility - check. IVF - check. 43 years young - check. Sick of babydust - fricking double check. Join a Scottish infertile as she slowly swirls down the plughole. Now with added donor egg flava.

Monday, May 01, 2006

The Wizard of Space and Time

There are some moments in life when you forget everything going on around you, good or bad.

I had a whole slew of those moments Tuesday night. In fact I lie. It was totally continuous for hours, days even.

He was a demi-god on the stage in a succession of coloured shirts, white to black to finally pink. He said his white shirt made him gibberish. It certainly showed off his Italian suntan and newly defined upper body. If it is love he has found in Rome, it certainly has transformed him. It was a long time coming.

I danced and I sang all the words. I screamed and shouted. I waved my arms in the air and giggled like a fool.

Best of all, I smiled so much and so broadly for hours that my cheeks ached. I cannot remember the last time my cheeks ached from smiling! I felt released, like 20 again, not 40.

He was like balm to my soul, speed in my veins, chicken soup for my aches and pains.

I wish I could have bottled it. To be able to take a sip and forget about all the donor cycle and medications and pervading sadness and depression. To take a sip and feel so young again.

Morrissey, trouble may love you, trouble may need you but I thank you with my hoarse voice, aching feet and ripples of goosepimples up my back as I re-live your bravura performance again and again.

14 Comments:

At 1:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome :) It's great to feel free!

 
At 1:54 PM, Blogger MsPrufrock said...

Woo hoo! Who better to have that effect on you than Moz? I cannot wait until it's my turn in a few weeks!

 
At 2:23 PM, Blogger beagle said...

You've found the eternal youth elixir

 
At 2:46 PM, Blogger DD said...

I wish I could tolerate crowds so I could find myself "lost" physically and mentally as you did.

I got a goosepimple or two myself just reading your description.

 
At 7:09 PM, Blogger Mellie said...

I hope the feeling stays with you. And I'm so glad you weren't disappointed.

 
At 1:31 AM, Blogger Nico said...

I'm so glad you had such a marvellous time!

 
At 5:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so jealous. I adore Morrissey. I know he would be a happy soul if he could just finally fulfill his destiny and be BFF with me! LOL. Sigh...

 
At 11:15 AM, Blogger Chee Chee said...

This sounds like a blast! I'm glad Morrissey gave you an opportunity to escape for a few hours.

 
At 11:24 AM, Blogger Meg said...

And so ironic, too. No one writes a better "kill yourself" song than my old mate Mozza. I'm jealous. It sounds like gorgeous fun :)

 
At 3:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah yes, the oasis that is Morrissey! So glad to hear that your face hurts - er, I mean, yeah, don't you love when you can forget everything?

 
At 7:42 PM, Blogger Thalia said...

Sounds fabulous, my friend, he must have been on top form. I love the sound of smiling til my cheeks ache.

 
At 8:22 PM, Blogger Coloratura said...

Completely jealous but glad to hear you had a good time... isn't it the coolest how really good music can make you feel so good...?

 
At 1:32 AM, Blogger Maya said...

I am inspired. I want some of what you got.

 
At 5:05 PM, Blogger Linda said...

Sounds like that was exactly what you needed!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home