Pamplemousse

PCOS - check. Infertility - check. IVF - check. 43 years young - check. Sick of babydust - fricking double check. Join a Scottish infertile as she slowly swirls down the plughole. Now with added donor egg flava.

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

A Tiny Candle in the Dark

I have a lovely post about my life-affirming date with Morrissey in the wings but it must wait.

More importantly, I am absolutely shattered by all the bad news happening to so many sweet bloggers. I cannot comprehend how we manage to survive the blows but these sweet, brave women need all the support we can muster.

Millie at Out Damned Egg just found out her much-longed-for pregnancy is ectopic.

Akeeyu at Herveryown just found out at her 8 week scan that the Good Embryo has not made it.

Lisa at The Strollercoaster is suffering prolonged agony after her D&C.

DD at Knocked Up just learned that her last ever IVF attempt did not work.

Nina at Stella and/or Ben does not have any embryos to transfer after her poor husband underwent TESA to extract sperm.

Julianna at My Eggs are Cooked is still too, too quiet after her last IVF and I worry so, so much about her.

Pain happens everyday when you are infertile but at times like these, it all seems too damned much. So many other finer bloggers than I have decided to throw in the towel and I completely understand. Sometimes you just want to be oblivious of all the pain of infertility and the losses. But these ladies can not do that, reality must be faced and so must we.

Please visit them with some IF love and kind words to help ease their sorrows in some small way.

My heart goes out to you ladies.

18 Comments:

At 9:43 PM, Blogger DD said...

I can see your light from way over here. Thank you.

 
At 10:22 PM, Blogger Chee Chee said...

This is awfully bad news. I will have to stop by these blogs and offer my support.

 
At 10:51 PM, Blogger Kris said...

The Fertile Soul also had a tough blow this week. (I don't know how to link to her in a comment...http://thefertilesoul.blogspot.com/). It does seem like there's been such a run of bad luck.

It's impossible not to feel their pain and horrid we can't do more than say we're sorry.

 
At 11:46 PM, Blogger Coloratura said...

Sucks, all this bad news, huh? Here's a ray of hope though:

http://missedconceptions.typepad.com/

 
At 2:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for the updates. Ms. P. It seems as if we all must hit the wall before we can stand up on our own again. I'm off to show my support...

Things are well with you still?

 
At 3:15 AM, Blogger Family Ties said...

Add me to the list :( IUI #2...not stimming...

Why is all of this happening?

 
At 5:16 AM, Blogger Sparkle said...

Thanks for highlighting all this, you're clearly pretty busy all over blogland checking in on everyone, good for you.

Time to go visiting...

 
At 6:34 AM, Blogger Sue said...

I'm so tired and angry. Why can't some of us ever catch a break?!

 
At 1:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's so heartbreaking when it all comes crashing down.

 
At 2:07 PM, Blogger Drew said...

I am reading this list of comments and it makes me so incredibly sad that so many brave women out there are not getting their well deserved breaks (and people who shouldn't become parents just keep giving birth to unwanted and unloved children).

Thanks Pamplemousse, you are a sweetheart for thinking about everybody. I wish you (and everyone else who has been trying) much much luck.

 
At 6:30 PM, Blogger Lisa said...

Ahhhh, thanks for sending the love vibe my way! I hope that after this cycle yours will be another happy success story to add to the list!

 
At 10:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't take any more bad news.

 
At 11:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Pamplemousse, you said it so well. And my stomach lurched when you wrote about Akeeyu. I thought I had read all the bad news there is to read in our corner of the Blogosphere, but there are always terrible surprises left, aren't there?

Damn all this. Thanks for lighting that candle, my dear.

 
At 2:11 AM, Blogger avonlea said...

It's heartbreaking.

 
At 2:48 AM, Blogger YouGuysKnow said...

i like you. and your doner flavah.

 
At 6:44 AM, Blogger MC said...

So much sadness and heartbreak. I've stopped by and left comments.

 
At 4:19 PM, Blogger linda said...

It's distressing how many wonderful women we know who just aren't getting pregnant right now. It's epidemic in proportion. I still think that there might be something to say for the seasonality of conception...in that, maybe summer will bring on a slew of us getting knocked up.

And as Bindweed Heights said, paraphrasing, "toss salt, spit, knock on wood".

 
At 2:01 PM, Blogger Demeter said...

It chokes me up to see so much heartache on blogsphere. I hope these wonderful women get to have their dream babies. It is such a heartwrenching disappointment, nothing brings back the times of sadness and life gets by you. I am sorry.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home