Pamplemousse

PCOS - check. Infertility - check. IVF - check. 43 years young - check. Sick of babydust - fricking double check. Join a Scottish infertile as she slowly swirls down the plughole. Now with added donor egg flava.

Monday, February 13, 2006

Reasons to Celebrate, be they ever so Tiny

Drum roll please.

Today is CD1 again.

Right in the middle of a meeting in Braveheart country, it arrived. I feel like painting my face blue in celebration though as this was a 38 day cycle. Only 10 days longer than a normal one!!

I know, as a pre-menopausal old crone, it means nothing really but what the heck. I am sure we will be back to normal with 54 or 84 days next time haha!

Katie at Maybe Expectant is hopefully on bedrest after her 2nd IVF transfer. These photos from my kitchen are for her inspiration. I like to call it "Triptych of Tea and Sausages".

More "before" kitchen pics will follow to demonstrate the shocking conditions I am forced to cook in.



11 Comments:

At 5:19 PM, Blogger Katie said...

Shhh... I know I should be in bed, but OH GOD-- IRISH SAUSAGES! There is nothing better in the world. Oh, I wish I were at your house right now and we'd have some tea and eat those sausages right up! Bed rest be damned! Thank you!

 
At 6:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll just have tea, please.

:-)

 
At 7:17 PM, Blogger Donna said...

I'll stick with the tea as well. Got any scones?

 
At 8:34 PM, Blogger Eggs Akimbo said...

I love your blue teacups!

 
At 8:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll try the sausages, and the tea. :)

 
At 11:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mmmm... pork.

 
At 11:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those sausages??? EEEEW! Just NOT appetizing... decaf tea please.

 
At 11:05 PM, Blogger Amyesq said...

God I love Stirling. You know both of my sisters graduated from there, yeah?

And though the sausages look lovely, I'd rather have some choccy biscuits. Thanks.

Oh, sorry. Almost too distracted to congratulate you on having the painters in (just learned that one today) right on schedule!

 
At 2:08 PM, Blogger ninaB said...

i miss M&S. we used to have shops in canada (where else to buy clotted cream?) but no more. will be sure to try to some irish sausages in dublin!

 
At 10:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

K... I'm getting REEEALLY tired of refreshing your page and looking at those same disgusting fecal-looking sausages! I WANT A NEW POST! WAHHH! Stomping feet.

(always wanted to have a little hissy fit like that)

 
At 7:19 PM, Blogger Portlairge said...

Oooooooohhhhhhhhhh can I have toast with my sausages and some HP sauce and of course tea but not any of that Celestial Seasonings stuff.Only proper tea for me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home