Pamplemousse

PCOS - check. Infertility - check. IVF - check. 43 years young - check. Sick of babydust - fricking double check. Join a Scottish infertile as she slowly swirls down the plughole. Now with added donor egg flava.

Sunday, January 15, 2006

Pass the Cheese. I've been Grilled.

To paraphrase Wessel, oy vey!!!

Thursday afternoon was final, yes...finally, the final counselling session. I am so glad to be able to say that although my feelings completely changed about it since November. Although I initially resented the nit-picking and the hypothetical qustions, I grew to quite like it, nay, even enjoy it. It was a safe place to talk about all the fears I had about donor egg treatment and not feel stupid.

Of course, this last session was the only one where Mr P had to participate. He was not looking forward to it, I can tell you. He is Scottish after all and Gawd love him, he is not the most eloquent of men. Throw feelings and emotions into the mix and ask him to talk about them and watch as his inner Scotsman wrestles with his fear of the repercussions later from me!

Suffice to say, he did rise to the occasion although there were a few times where it looked like he was about to burst from holding in his inner sardonic cynic. We made it through together. Just like always.

Next thing...Friday morning job interview. 9am.

Let me tell you, I am not a morning person. I also do not drink coffee, although I was tempted to this Friday in an effort to perk me up. Now I had already stayed up to midnight this week watching the season finale of Lost. Throw in a couple of sleepless nights tossing and turning due to counselling and job interview and I really felt like a zombie. Not the best way to come over with a new employer.

Now you are probably thinking what's the dealio? Just a job interview? Nothing to it. Well, that may be so. Let me just say that I have worked for the same employer for the last 18 years and apart from reviews and such, I have not had an inteview with another employer all that time!

What can I tell you? I was happy for 18 years. They kept promoting me internally and paying me more money without any pesky interviews and everybody was copacetic. I never needed to change the status quo.

The interview went. That's all I know. It went. It is really hard to be objective about these things. They smiled and laughed and things seemed fine. Who knows? Maybe I impressed them. Maybe not.

My nose did start running halfway through and I had to adjourn for a blow into my handkerchief but other than that, no major disasters. I will find out Wed/Thursday. Cross your crossables!

17 Comments:

At 7:03 PM, Blogger DD said...

What happens next on the donor front? I'm surprised the Mr. only had to attend just the one, which I know on my end I would have to start coaching him on potential questions weeks in advance.

If the new job is what you want, I wish you lots o'luck!

 
At 8:08 PM, Blogger Lut C. said...

If being unwilling to talk about emotions is Scottish, then my husband is Scottish too. :-)

That must have been thrilling and scary, a job interview after all this time.

 
At 8:49 PM, Blogger chris said...

Is it possible my husband is some version of Chinese Scottish, because he's pretty unwilling to talk about emotions as well.

Wishing you luck next week!

 
At 9:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

my husband is half Irish/Italian and I have learned to ask him what he THINKS, not what he FEELS. He can't seem to grasp the "feeling" mushiness but he is very clear about his thoughts.

I am sure you were quite impressive at the job interview and of course, we are all routing for you!

 
At 9:25 PM, Blogger avonlea said...

Oh honey, they're all Scottish in one way or another...

I will keep all of my crossable's crossed for you. I love how you're not staying where you are because you might get you know what, you've got err what's the female equivalent of balls - big ovaries - heck we know your's are - well you are certainly taking those grapefruits and making grapefruit juice... or something.

Oh and just to make all of your commenters jealous, I want them to know that I know what you look like nananananana! Mademe P shared herself with me and no it was not like that scene from beneath the Planet of the Apes where they all reveal their true selves. Ms. P underestimates herself, or as Dubya would say, misunderestimates...

 
At 6:10 AM, Blogger Portlairge said...

LMAO. My husband is English and trying to find out what he actually feels is like searching for a needle in a haystack. He actually made a joke today about the stiff upper lip except I know it wasn't a joke!!
I hope you get the result you want from your interview and I'm glad the counselling is over. Onwards and upwards!!

 
At 7:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on both events, it sounds as if they both went well. It's v exciting that this is all coming together!!

 
At 12:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on jumping through the final donor hoop, and on getting through your interview. I'm sure that you did just fine if there was laughing and joviality. Good luck!!

 
At 1:24 PM, Blogger ankaisa said...

Job interviews suck. It's not any easier if you have done them ten times a year. I'm trying to cross something for you!

 
At 5:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My nose always starts running during job interviews. It must be a nerves thing (for moi, at least). Good luck and hope you hear something soon!!

 
At 8:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm LOVING reading about your donor egg experience... between you and Wessel... it's been such a huge help as I start to wrap my head around the idea of this a potential treatment option...

Dying to hear the updates on the job front...

 
At 9:01 PM, Blogger MC said...

Good luck with the job interview.
I agree with Manuela I'm finding the donor egg info very informative.

 
At 9:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad both the counseling session and job interview went well. I've got my fingers crossed for you.

 
At 12:26 AM, Blogger ninaB said...

Things are really moving along. Dare I say it?
You sound optimistic, even happy! How exciting to have cleared all the major hurdles! I read in an earlier post that you had also contacted Renew to see their donor profiles. Just hedging your bets? Cause I too had contacted them a few months ago even though my sister has agreed to be my donor-just in case...Will there ever be a time that we won't assume that everything that can go wrong will?
Thanks too for popping in to check on me. I was feeling a little bleh, but am okay now.

 
At 12:49 AM, Blogger Sparkle said...

Congratulations on getting thru both interviews.
Your poor husband, it's great that he did so well.
Good luck on your job - no one finds the interview easy - and now when everything is 'behavioural' I can't see how anyone gets a job!

 
At 7:27 PM, Blogger April said...

All crossed here for good luck for you.

 
At 9:43 PM, Blogger Amyesq said...

Good luck! Let us know as soon as you hear. And Whew for the final counseling session being over. After the all the homestudy mayhem, I know how that goes.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home