Pamplemousse

PCOS - check. Infertility - check. IVF - check. 43 years young - check. Sick of babydust - fricking double check. Join a Scottish infertile as she slowly swirls down the plughole. Now with added donor egg flava.

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Keep It Coming!!!

More good news today.

My donor has been given the all-clear for the Cystic Fibrosis carrier gene and all her 29 genetic markers are normal!!!

Woot! A tiny step forward. Just the HIV, Hepatitis and CMV (cytomegalovirus) tests to come from virology and we can get the go-ahead.

My tests were already negative for CMV, HIV, etc.

Hurry up you lab rats!!!!

A few peeps have asked about how to see donor profiles. You need to contact the agency via e-mail. On their reply, you will have to give some info about yourself (names, ages, reason for donor treatment, types of donor needed) and they will then e-mail a password for access to short profiles with photos. Some other agencies charge for this info but this one does not. It is Plan B for me at the moment so I have not pursued it any further yet.

I have to say I was completely bowled over by the amount of donors available, their different races and nationalities and the comprehensive info that was given regarding their education, hobbies and also whether they were already a proven donor.

If you are thinking of donor egg treatment, this agency certainly seems a good place to start if you want a lovely holiday to South Africa thrown in for a great price. Millie and Liana can certainly vouch first-hand about that!

15 Comments:

At 8:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gotta love good news. I so hope it keeps coming your way. Progress just feels so damn good.

 
At 10:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so glad the process is moving along for you and that SA is still a Plan B. It's got to feel great to be getting closer.

 
At 10:34 PM, Blogger Lut C. said...

Excellent! Keep it coming indeed.

 
At 11:07 PM, Blogger DD said...

I love reading good news. Yippee to the donor!

 
At 11:13 PM, Blogger Sparkle said...

Fantastic, it's great to hear things are moving forward positively. Sounds like you're donor is eager too!

 
At 3:32 AM, Blogger Portlairge said...

Excellent news!

 
At 2:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooohhh...that IS good news. Wish I had had such good luck with my GC. Can't wait to hear more.

 
At 7:03 PM, Blogger Mellie said...

So glad to hear all is proceeding as it should!

 
At 8:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. You have OPTIONS! Glad that things are looking up.

 
At 8:53 PM, Blogger Nico said...

So happy to hear the test results are all coming back clean and spiffy. Nice to be taking steps!

 
At 6:27 PM, Blogger Lisa said...

So happy to hear your continuing good news! This is exciting stuff and I'm hoping for the very best for you!

 
At 1:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

One thing I always felt about the Renew donors is that they were the least likely of all the donors I've seen to be doing it for mercenary reasons. The stipend just isn't THAT great, even by SA standards, so I suspect that most of them are primarily motivated by kindness.

I am so glad that you are exploring this option. Doesn't it feel great to have a Plan B?

 
At 10:11 PM, Blogger Eggs Akimbo said...

Cool, cool! I've only just caught up with all your news.

 
At 2:32 AM, Blogger MC said...

I'm glad things have progressed. The back up plan is interesting also.

 
At 5:42 AM, Blogger avonlea said...

YEAH!!!! I'm hoping your donor is as fertile as I am barren.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home