Pamplemousse

PCOS - check. Infertility - check. IVF - check. 43 years young - check. Sick of babydust - fricking double check. Join a Scottish infertile as she slowly swirls down the plughole. Now with added donor egg flava.

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Keep on Moving

Oh, the donors. I received the details and the tears were flowing, I can tell you. Such beautiful hearts and souls. Yes, they receive a fee but I do not believe it is the main reason donors do this. Of course, I already like the look of one particular brown-haired girl but I am only window-shopping at the moment.

My Libran horoscope this week is:

There are times when you can be a bit guarded about your genuine aims and ambitions - either because you fear failure or don't want to be seen as too driven or go-getting. But now, with the approaching Full Moon signalling a professional watershed, you will have to come clean about what it is you really want from the next 5 or so years. But don't go off at a tangent - there is too much at stake to waste time or energy on red herrings.

That first sentence is me to a T! And I am at a professional watershed in that I have decided I want a new career.

I have an interview on Friday which looks very promising. It means I am back in my old university city for work, rather than the backwater at present. However, before you shout "Brava", the decision to change careers has been rather forced upon me by my Dept relocating to another Scottish backwater, which I have no desire or ability to relocate to. I certainly am not willing to up sticks and force Mr P to do the same. I know I like to travel but that is different. So we shall see.

This week is shaping up to be exciting...counselling, job interview, ER back on the telly. To infinity and beyond, eh?

8 Comments:

At 9:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ooooh... yes... very exciting! Sometimes a change truly is as good as a vacation!!

So... um... where did you window shop for these South African eggs?

 
At 10:26 PM, Blogger charlie's mom said...

Change is very very good. I'm glad it seems to be cheering you up. I'm curious about the South African clinic too. It seems to be pretty popular around here.

 
At 2:57 AM, Blogger Portlairge said...

I love changing jobs. You leave all the old crap behind and start nice and fresh with the new stuff. Also, on the first day, you're all caught up-nothing on the to-do list. Any news from the clinic on starting a cycle at home?

 
At 2:57 AM, Blogger Portlairge said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 10:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I believe that only good things happen when people make the necessary changes to bring them closer to the life they want to lead. Good luck with your profession change, and also I hope that you can start to make progress in the donor quest. I hate being at a standstill -- keep things moving, folks!

 
At 3:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yep. I cried when I first looked at the profiles, too. It all seemed so much "righter" SEEING who these altruisitic women were. I hope you get some action going, soon on either front. Limbo sucks, as I surely know.

 
At 5:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, where do you window shop for these eggs??

Good luck with your interview!!

 
At 8:41 PM, Blogger zhl said...

Which horoscope are you checking? This one seems to really think thins are looking up for us Librans. http://www.bubble.com/

 

Post a Comment

<< Home