Pamplemousse

PCOS - check. Infertility - check. IVF - check. 43 years young - check. Sick of babydust - fricking double check. Join a Scottish infertile as she slowly swirls down the plughole. Now with added donor egg flava.

Monday, November 14, 2005

Television...the Drug of the IF Nation

Thank you for all your lovely comments as per usual. You all give me the wee warm and fuzzies! At times, dealing with IF and its negative emotions is like trying to hold back the tide King Canute-stylee.

You all make it better. Take a bow! You are worth it. We are all worth it. Cue L'Oreal tossing of hair. Well, I am growing mine and it might shoogle just a wee bit instead. You American girls have all got acres of hair to make up for mine.

Talking of shoogly, that is pretty much all I have been this week. I don't know what it is but it does not take much to set me off. I blame that bitch counsellor. Oh, and my period that arrived after a 68 day holiday somewhere sunny. Fucker!

However, a cold-hearted lump of concrete would have been hard-pressed not to emit a squeak of a sob at the final episode of Six Feet Under.

Now I have to say that yes, it has just been shown here in the UK on E4 and no, I am not going to spoil it for anyone who has yet to see it internationally. I detest spoilers in countries who see TV shows first then prattle about it. Please, please remember that there are some countries who are always behind in the schedules. I think SFU was shown finally in August in the US and I was terrified of reading about it.

I know it serves me right for watching all-American shows but I cannot help it. I currently am enslaved by Martin Sheen in all of his masterful occupation of the White House. And Boston Legal. James Spader is still cute even though he has gotten a wee bit chunky. All the more to grab hold of, as my granny would have said.

Oh..oh..and Grey's Anatomy....we have moved from Series One to Series Two without a break! TV Nirvana. The writing! Mind you, that was the one that was really spoiled for me when a blogger gave away the Sandra Oh storyline.

Mind you, the way nothing happens in Lost on a weekly basis, there is no chance of spoilers there! I have been making a vain attempt to keep the new season a mystery. I keep having to mute the sound on E! Entertainment so that I do not hear what is happening in Season 2.

And I am so loving the DVD box set of Firefly! My oh my. Captain Reynolds can tell me what to do any time. So much more delectable in that part than as the mad preacher in Buffy and no ad breaks. Woot! And Rome! The togas, the fountains of wine, the soldiers in the buff, ooh lala.

As you can see, I am attempting to fill the neverending waiting by trying to cram as much viewing pleasure in as possible. It is a pity that I have to leave the house 5 days per week to go to work, isn't it?

I cannot believe that there will be no more Six Feet Under though. No more Brenda, David, Claire, Ruth, George et al! Sob!

Mind you, Nate was being such a prick...oops! I am doing it now too. So easy to enter Spoilerville.

13 Comments:

At 8:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Speaking of pricks, it may be worth taping Rome, from what I understand...and yes, that's somewhat of a spoiler, but, dude, I've seen some of the still piccys.

:wipes sweat off brow:

!!

Oro

 
At 12:40 AM, Blogger MC said...

What's this Rome show? I love ancient Rome. At the moment I'm studying it with my Year 7's and about to watch Spartacus, the Kirk Douglas version.

I'm really into "The Closer" at the moment and "Mythbusters".

 
At 2:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am such a freaking TV junkie. It is a drug, isn't it? I think Grey's Anatomy is at the top of my list at the moment.

 
At 2:52 AM, Blogger Nico said...

I just watched Grey's for the first time this past Sunday. Seems like a good show! Don't get HBO, so no six feet under for me. But I am looking for a new series to get on DVD, so maybe I'll go for that next!

 
At 4:14 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hey, SFU is not "all American". Rachel Griffiths is Australian. And she made trout for my friend.

So there.

 
At 7:52 PM, Blogger Donna said...

Since we got our DVR I've become even more of a slave to my shows, wasn't that supposed to help with that? Love Grey's Anatomy!

 
At 10:23 PM, Blogger MsPrufrock said...

Oh, don't even talk to me about being a slave to TV. I get genuinely excited at the prospect of watching new episodes of drivel like America's Next Top Model and Wife Swap. I have been enjoying Rome as well, but that's obviously a bit more quality than what I've mentioned previously.

Also, re: James Spader...If you haven't seen Secretary, check that out sometime. Hot.

 
At 10:33 PM, Blogger Katie said...

We've been watching a lot of TV. I won't post anything you don't want to know either, or if I post something about tv, I'll emit a warning first.

I know that some shows are behind in other countries because (please don't laugh) Partner and I are hopelessly addicted to (don't laugh) Coronation Street and we're almost a FULL year behind the UK.

So don't tell me what's happening on the Street, and I won't tell anything around here.

(You're laughing, aren't you?)

 
At 11:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sure there must be a twelve-step program somewhere to help you with this addiction...

 
At 4:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think the more mindless the TV, the better.

I'm frankly quite glad that Six Feet Under is over. I didn't watch it (couldn't - the whole dead body stuff), but apparently I look like that Rachel Griffins on the show (except not so skinny and I have blue eyes, does she?) I don't see the similarity, but I heard it a lot so it must be true.

I'm glad you've found a new direction. I'm already thinking of you as an expectant mother.

You've been in my thoughts. I hope the wait won't be too long.

I'd lend you a few of my eggs if I could if they'd do it. Who knows, maybe between your crap and my crap we'd get something, maybe crap squared equals perfection. I don't know, I never did get math....

 
At 6:16 AM, Blogger Sue said...

Yes, yes! Gray's Anatomy! My most favorite show...followed by Boston Legal and Desperate Housewives. James Spader is cute - remember him from Sex, Lies, and Video Tape? Oh oh. Showing my age.

 
At 4:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gray's Anatomy is my new fave though I don't get to catch it all that often. Patrick Dempsy is super yummy - he's aging quite well.
I always forget when certain shows are on, so I tend to zone out in front of the Food Network. And get hungry.

 
At 4:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your taste in TV is waaay too high fallutin for moi. I will see you your Six Feet Under and raise you Wife Swap! I'm addicted to anything that comes out of that fascinating little box with the people inside, which is why I'm hestitating to get TIVO. I think I wouldn't leave the house.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home