Pamplemousse

PCOS - check. Infertility - check. IVF - check. 43 years young - check. Sick of babydust - fricking double check. Join a Scottish infertile as she slowly swirls down the plughole. Now with added donor egg flava.

Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Enough already!

OK dudes, enough is enough. I am driving myself fruit loops with this constant whinging and negativity. So what if people are getting PG right, left and centre? So what if my boss hates me this week? So what if I have to attend my second funeral in 2 weeks tomorrow? Enough!!

I am doing an Oprah and counting my blessings and kicking myself up the arse all at the same time. I WILL drag myself out of this slump. I am knitting myself a whole new attitude.

a) If I ovulated freakishly early for me, the bright side is that I won't have to take that nasty-arse Provera to kick off the upcoming IVF. Result!

b) Funerals are great for catching up with old friends and relatives you have not seen for years and booze is always served at the traditional "cup of tea" afterward. Result!

c) My boss...hmm. I will have to think on that one for a little bit.

d) I have the chance to do IVF more than once, which is often a whole lot more than other people ever get to do. I can afford it and I can withstand it physically. If it doesn't work, I will have given it my best shot and that is all I can do.

e) Time to dig out the yoga mat. It has been gathering dust since the last IVF. Time to crank up the olde mind-body connection. I also ordered that Anji meditation/guided imagery CD to magic up a little deep breathing voodoo.

O-kaaay! I came over a little Tomkat there but it is all good. I am going to get through this.

10 Comments:

At 10:54 PM, Blogger PJ said...

That is a smashing start. Keep it up.

 
At 11:10 PM, Blogger Susie said...

Awesome viewpoint. I am crossing my fingers for your luck to change.

 
At 11:20 PM, Blogger Mellie said...

You ARE going to get through this. And keep asking for help if you need it.

 
At 12:17 AM, Blogger Mony said...

Ohhhhh! All that positivity just rubbed off on me!
I'm going to GET DRESSED!
I love finding renewed energy, turning a corner..feeling that everything will be OK. It's what keeps us going, huh?
Have a great day!

 
At 12:13 PM, Blogger Eggs Akimbo said...

I do a gratitude list (through gritted teeth) when I'm feeling like tha, which is often at the moment! This IF stuff effects everything - it is shitty!

 
At 4:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, you're good!

 
At 6:56 PM, Blogger MsPrufrock said...

I'm all for a positive attitude (despite not having one...ever), just don't start talking about how medication is evil. Then you will be all TomKat-like and I shall have to smite you.

 
At 12:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good for you. I think I should take some lessons.

 
At 2:39 AM, Blogger Amyesq said...

Dang, girlfriend! I wish you could bottle that great attitude and sell it. (I'm allowed to take it, seeing as how I'm not a Scientolgist.)

 
At 3:45 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Seeing as its now 12.20pm and I'm still in my bathrobe with The Nanny on in the background, I am obviously in no mental state to count blessings today.

But I'm glad someone is. Perhaps it will slowly rub off.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home