Pamplemousse

PCOS - check. Infertility - check. IVF - check. 43 years young - check. Sick of babydust - fricking double check. Join a Scottish infertile as she slowly swirls down the plughole. Now with added donor egg flava.

Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Ay caramba!

What a day! I am sitting here in front of the puter, with a bowl of picota cherries, eating them like a Clampett ie. chewing them up and spitting out the stones into the bowl. They would be even better in a pie but I have already had a biccie binge this week. Aah, another IVF approaching so time to throw in some self-sabotage. What's that you say? This would be the best time to exercise iron control over my blood sugar level? Hmmm.

12dpo today. I would love to say that Fertility Fiend was wrong but the nipples of fire, spots and biccie binge combined with soaring temps confirmed that yes, I did spit out one geriatric egg from an ancient ovary on CD43. Yay ovary!! You go, crone! Of course, I can now feel the darkness gathering down below and I predict tomorrow morning will bring the cramps and the blood. Oh well, let the Games begin. Sniffing Synarel commences on CD2.

Talking of Games, London and the rest of the country will be hosting the Olympics in 2012. I find this really exciting and I am not really sure why? Maybe the sight of all those people jubilantly jumping up and down in East London got me all fired up. The last time the Olympics happened here was in 1948 and the UK just stepped in at the last moment to help out so there was not much prep time (still wartime rationing, no bananas, public transport or material for knickers). They have 7 years to get ready this time so Amy, lots of time to pack for the twins!!

Maybe the good news of that highlighted the current mayhem which is going on here in Scotland. I know I recently posted about G8 and protesting but it is all about the peaceful protest, people. Smashing up innocent working peoples' cars in Bannockburn and following injured policemen to hospital to disrupt and interfere with the treatment for their injuries is just not on. Focus on the goals here - climate change, Africa, global poverty. Unfortunately, the element attracted to this kind of protest, combined with every numpty and ned in Central Scotland who fancies a bit of a rammy just for fun, just hijacks the message and makes it easier for the G8 members to dismiss all protests as anti-capitalist nutjobs. I

I may be many things (usually all in the space of 24 hours) but I am not one of them.

4 Comments:

At 9:35 PM, Blogger Amyesq said...

Yes, I have already communicated with my favorite little hotel in North London. They said they would get back to me with their usurious Olympic rates just as soon as the owner decides between an Aston Martin DB-8 or a new Bentley. Or something like that.

Sorry about all the mayhem that is going on around central Scotland, too. And you are kind of close to the thick of it, if I'm not mistaken. Somehow breaking through police barriers and rioting won't quite get the message across the correct way, will it?

 
At 9:36 PM, Blogger Amyesq said...

PS Good luck with the witch making an appearance so you can get the show on the road!

 
At 2:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

InSpring said exactly what I would have - when war is background noise, it's a sad day.

As for protesters, it seems there are people that protest and the passion gets out of hand and there are those that do it for jollies. Bah!

 
At 3:44 AM, Blogger DeadBug said...

It is always an embarrassment to note that the protesters on one's own side of an issue look like fools. The message gets lost in the goofiness.

Best of luck on the pending cycle, if this one proves a bust. But it ain't over till it's over and all of that.

--Bugs

 

Post a Comment

<< Home