Pamplemousse

PCOS - check. Infertility - check. IVF - check. 43 years young - check. Sick of babydust - fricking double check. Join a Scottish infertile as she slowly swirls down the plughole. Now with added donor egg flava.

Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Cut and paste yourself here

The Synarel has arrived in the post and the instructions for the next go-round in the ring. Ding ding, seconds out! #2 IVF will commence with downregging with July period. Of course, I am now on CD40-something and it will take a bitch-slapping from Madame Provera to get that show on the road. Joy, joy, happy, happy.

I am at that ambivalent stage where I want to get on with it but I am also dragging my feet thinking "Why bother?". I remember the first times I was so excited to try things and the whole shiny world of TTC lay glittering before me.

1st metformin
1st Clomid
1st injectibles
1st IUI
1st IVF

All doomed to fail. So here I stand. Doing it again.

Give me a kick up the arse, people. I really need it.

7 Comments:

At 12:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's hard not to be ambivalent and nearly impossible to be excited once you've done it all before only to have it fail. I really don't know how to change that. I'm sure your arse will get itself in gear eventually, though. Good luck!

 
At 12:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Uh, hello? Mood swings? Crying in the car going full tilt down the expressway? Getting pissed off for irrational reasons? Bruises, injections and don't forget the retrieval drugs.

See? It's all good.

 
At 3:35 PM, Blogger Mellie said...

I think we all understand completely the ambivalence you're experiencing. Don't make that a reason to be upset with youself, it's pretty natural. But since you asked for a good, swift kick, here's what I got in responsse to "Why bother?":

1. If you didn't bother you'd regret it indefinitely.
2. The odds of success from doing it are clearly better than not doing it.
3. Why not do it? As my blog tries to remind me - Why shouldn't this work for you? If my beloved Red Sox can win 4 straight from the Yankees and go on the win the World Series, ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE.

And you've got a whole lot of fans rooting you on.

 
At 6:59 PM, Blogger MsPrufrock said...

I'm with everyone else here, kicking some Pamplemousse ass. I know what you're feeling and I get it each time I start another cycle, but if you don't do it think what you potentially miss out on. Best of luck.

 
At 11:10 AM, Blogger Eggs Akimbo said...

Looking at that list lets me know all that I have to look forward to! I am on my second round of clomid. I'm really scared about what's ahead and don't be hard on yourself for feeling negative. Infertility is such a crappy journey.

 
At 10:00 AM, Blogger ankaisa said...

It's all about not getting your hopes up too high. After a while in this rollercoaster you do not want to climb to the highs of the ride only to come crashing down. Just take the meds when you are supposed to and drag yourself to appointments and the cycle will take care of itself. You can stay detached.

 
At 8:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My name is Holly Lem and i would like to show you my personal experience with Clomid.

I am 28 years old. I got preg first time on my own & miscarried. after a while of trying, my dr put me on clomid. after the first round i got pregnant & miscarried. i decided not to try or think about it at all probably for a 9 months... right around the time baby would be due & then started trying again. after a few months got back on clomid. after 5 months and no pregnancy i'm giving it a rest again. it's to much disappointment. i'm going to give it a try again soon, in the mean time we're keeping our fingers crossed for the old fashioned way to work.

I have experienced some of these side effects-
HOT FLASHES, moody, cry easily, weight gain, headaches etc!!

I hope this information will be useful to others,
Holly Lem

 

Post a Comment

<< Home