Pamplemousse

PCOS - check. Infertility - check. IVF - check. 43 years young - check. Sick of babydust - fricking double check. Join a Scottish infertile as she slowly swirls down the plughole. Now with added donor egg flava.

Sunday, June 19, 2005

Smile like you mean it

Who knew that all I had to do to get what I wanted was to ask? Just float it in the blogosphere.

I moaned about the weather and lo! it changed. We hit 80 degrees yesterday and like Thalia said, it has been a nasty humid couple of days. I am just grateful that it has stopped raining. The downside is that the midges love it hot and steamy.

I will have to try this new wonder approach. I could have done this years ago. Let me see:

I hate being barren
I hate being not wealthy
I hate being fat

I am waiting!! Better give it a couple of days hmm?

Penelope also asked about the last blog entry title and whether I was being ironic? I was actually being more prosaic than Mao's teachings. If a blog title doesn't immediately spring to mind on typing, I use a song title that I have been listening to that day. Bless the iPod! It provides strength and inspiration for weary bloggers everywhere. Billy Bragg provided that particular inspiration and bless his cotton socks too!

Thank you for all your comments about my annual review, especially Internal Spring. I wish you were my boss, A.

For our British readers, I am still overwrought at the climax of Doctor Who and I am afraid to say it moved me more than my pre-pubescent self ever was. There was bisexual snogging and everything. I don't remember that, even in the decadent Seventies! The regular shedding of tears on an early Saturday night will be sorely missed and I fear, not to be replaced by a milksop with floppy hair either. Christopher Eccleston, we salute you. Middle-aged women all over the country will miss the sexual frisson you brought to Saturday teatime. I know I definitely will!

2 Comments:

At 12:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dr. Who was still on? It just ended? I'm going to have to tell my husband about this!

I do the same thing with post titles - a song title usually comes to mind when I'm typing if I don't have one already, he he he.

 
At 11:24 PM, Blogger Eggs Akimbo said...

I love Christopher Ecclestone. By the way, I've linked to your blog on mine.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home