Pamplemousse

PCOS - check. Infertility - check. IVF - check. 43 years young - check. Sick of babydust - fricking double check. Join a Scottish infertile as she slowly swirls down the plughole. Now with added donor egg flava.

Thursday, June 16, 2005

Waiting for the Great Leap Forward

It is the middle of June, almost but not quite the longest day. It is never dark here at the moment - not broad daylight like in the Arctic Circle but bright enought at 3.30 am that I can be woken up and think Huh? What time is it? Is it time for work? Bright enough to disrupt my sleep even with the blackout blind (its the pesky gap at the side innit?)

So why, why, why do I still have my central heating on? Why, why, why will it not stop raining long enough for the lawns to be cut? Why, why, why do my lupins and poppies and delphiniums get squished and blown over just as they are reaching their zenith? Sometimes I hate this country and its weather. Just a bit of sunshine and a light breeze and a temperature that can reach the high 60s - I really do not want much.

Oh, and just to add to my grumpy misery - it is my annual review this week and I hate that shit. Why do I have to justify my own existence? Can't I just say I had a great year and leave it at that? No, that would be too easy and not waste enough of my precious time.

I also have a COLD! It is supposed to be summer, people! Come on!

6 Comments:

At 3:11 AM, Blogger moi said...

We're having torrential rains here as well. The peonies look like wet toilet paper strewn across people's lawns and all my books are kind of damp.

Is your title ironic? My recollection of the great leap forward was that things went pretty badly (Mao's leap that is). Hard to leap when the ground's completely sodden.

 
At 1:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah yes, it's gray and miserable in the Northeast US too - although that could change within the hour to sunshine and 90's. Love wearing layers in Summer (almost summer).

 
At 3:30 PM, Blogger Mellie said...

Maybe, for your review, you could just say "I had a great year. Quite happy with all. Thanks very much." And the reviewer will say "Great - Have a nice weekend."?

 
At 1:09 AM, Blogger MC said...

Just did my annual review as well, but about two months late. I just find it totally irrelevant, I'm at the top of my pay scale, so no pay rise and I would rather slit my wrists than start to aim for higher positions like vice principals etc.

 
At 1:09 AM, Blogger MC said...

Just did my annual review as well, but about two months late. I just find it totally irrelevant, I'm at the top of my pay scale, so no pay rise and I would rather slit my wrists than start to aim for higher positions like vice principals etc.

 
At 3:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you're feeling sorry now you've encouraged this horrible hot weather to hang out here. I hate the heat!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home