Pamplemousse

PCOS - check. Infertility - check. IVF - check. 43 years young - check. Sick of babydust - fricking double check. Join a Scottish infertile as she slowly swirls down the plughole. Now with added donor egg flava.

Sunday, February 27, 2005

Only Richard Gere looks sexy with grey hair....

because I certainly do not!! I have dyed it again tonight in preparation for getting it cut. Now grey hair is not a new phenomenon for me as I have been beating it away with a dye stick since I was 16. However, it is boring, boring, boring having to think "what colour this time"?

I sometimes think I will get a really short crop and it would be all grey/white and that would be really cool. Then I wake up and realise I do not have the facial features (or body) of a model and I would just look like a 65 year old little fat woman. Hey, at least the fat plumps out the wrinkles (as Cecily said) but then my appearance would match the virtual age of my ovaries. Hmmm, I think I will still carry on feeling a "little bit country" with Cognac coloured hair. Just for a little bit longer anyway.

I have been like a whirling dervish of a domestic goddess this weekend. Well, after my usual Sunday morning ritual of course! I have mopped and Dysoned and Flashed my way round this ole house. What has brought on this unexpected burst of activity? It is a week to Mother's Day and although I have 2 brothers and attendant sister-in-laws, who is expected to entertain She Who Laboured Long and Hard to Give Birth to Such an Ungrateful Chit of a Child??? Yep, you guessed it. C'est moi!!

Cue frantic cleaning and beating of Persian rug and manic polishing. Now you may be thinking - Whoa, nelly! You have still a week to go. Ha! Naive reader! My maman taught Spiderman all about spidey sense and how to detect a cobweb in the most tucked-away corner in the house. She could make it an Olympic sport and the IOC would probably be cowed into submission by her. I am not the most devoted of cleaners at the best of times as I like to sit and watch Mr P do it. Yeah, I'm kinky like that. He pulls on those rubber gloves and oh baby!

*cough* I digress. However, even he usually lets the cobwebs flourish in peace. This is a busy week ahead and Mr P will not be available to assist with domestic duties as he has knobs to twiddle. His band has a gig on Thursday in the capital city so much twittering and practising is going on with the rest of the prog-rockers. Oh, the excitement! My Moog is bigger than your Moog, etc.

3 Comments:

At 5:48 AM, Blogger Amyesq said...

Oh my!! Remember when I suspected that we are married to the same man? Alas, I am now sure of it. It was the Moogerfooger reference that did it. I mean, really, how many of your blog readers will know of what you speak? Tell your husband that my husband plays a Korg virtual analog synth. and a Keystation Pro 88. Freaky stuff, man. Have fun in Edinburgh. And sorry about the nutty mom. Our "Mothering Sunday" isn't until May so I still have a couple more months of cobweb hunting.

 
At 3:43 AM, Blogger TK said...

My P is a drummer, so it was 'my bass drum is bigger than yours, etc'. Moogs a def cool though.

Color? Do tell...

 
At 12:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interested in Sexy Celebrities? Featres some of the most beautiful female singers,
actresses and models.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home