Pamplemousse

PCOS - check. Infertility - check. IVF - check. 43 years young - check. Sick of babydust - fricking double check. Join a Scottish infertile as she slowly swirls down the plughole. Now with added donor egg flava.

Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Wicked witch of the east

So.. how nervous was I with 2 consultant appointments on Monday morning? BP a little raised? Ya think??? Good news all round though despite the small rise to 142/82. Tick tick VG all round on the A1c and weight and even the BP. Mind you, the aforementioned bowels incident probably did me no harm in the weight dept. Encouraging patting on backs all round.

Of course, there is then the vicious irony of the HPT that has to be done before the nurse will let the clammy Provera out of her mitt. She was like Pollyanna playing dress-up in a nurse uniform. I felt like shrieking "this is the effing IVF clinic - why do you think I am here"!! However, I just muttered darkly as she asked me to fill a urine pot after telling me to empty my bladder just 10 minutes before. No wonder I have BP issues.

I have started the Provera which will lead to bleeding which will lead to sniffing the Synarel from Day 2 of bleed. I am too nervous to think beyond that because I will be waiting for the other shoe to drop. Mr P meanwhile will be waiting for the Provera axe to drop on his head. I tell him to think of it as the flip side of being lucky to be married to me hahaha! We shall see if he survives the week.

2 Comments:

At 5:39 AM, Blogger Julianna said...

Damn, this blogger is taking forever to allow someone to post!

I thought I commented yesterday but clearly, it never went through!

Geez.
I almost forgot what I wanted to say.

Not really, I hope you are well, I am thinking of you and wishing you all the best.

Take care.

 
At 11:37 PM, Blogger Amyesq said...

GOOD LUCK!!! Way to go - you have passed all the tests so far with flying colors.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home