Pamplemousse

PCOS - check. Infertility - check. IVF - check. 43 years young - check. Sick of babydust - fricking double check. Join a Scottish infertile as she slowly swirls down the plughole. Now with added donor egg flava.

Saturday, March 05, 2005

Orchestral manoeuvres in the dark

Where to start with my hectic week? Mr P's gig went fabulous and the gig itself was in this really cool place in the city with a vaulted stone ceiling with a really gothic cavern feel. The place was full of stoners, students, other bands playing and even a genuwine pop star popped in. The band did not have enough time to set up and when you have a million leads to plug in to synths and stuff, mucho stress. Luckily Mr P and his merry band of prog-rockers rose to the occasion! They may all be in their forties but they have not lost any of their enthusiasm for music and ligging. Unfortunately, I really miss the smoking and drinking that used to be involved in nights on the town. Aaah, my youth! Where did it go? Mind you, when we got back to the hotel, everything I was wearing stank of cigarette smoke and I remembered how bad I used to feel with a hangover! Maybe this healthy shit is OK after all.

We had booked into our fave hotel for the night to have a good day on Friday in the city. A little shopping, culture and wining and dining. I was looking forward to the triumvirate of supreme shopping - Johnny Loulous, Jenners and Harvey Nicks. These plans were to hit the dust though as somewhere along the line, Mr P and I picked up some kind of gastric flu. Ugh, I was merrily making my way down the escalator in Markies and I sneezed.... Clean knicker alert. =o

That was the point that I threw in the towel and got on the mobile phone to Mr P and told him we had to hit the road home pronto! And I did not make it to Ikea either! Bah! Still feeling a little punk but a few slugs of Pepto did the trick eventually. Ah, home sweet home!

2 Comments:

At 11:01 PM, Blogger Julianna said...

I hope you get well soon.

It sucks to be sick and even worse, to be away.

Take care.

 
At 4:33 PM, Blogger Amyesq said...

Glad the gig went well! My favorite author, Ian Rankin, is a HUGE prog rock fan and lives in Edinburgh. I am tres jealous of your trip, since Edinburgh is my favorite place, um, in the whole world. Hope it wasn't too chilly and sorry you didn't get to hit Jenners. Haven't been to the new Harvey Nicks yet, but have walked by it. Thinking of going in the fall.
Sorry you guys are sick, though. That kinda ruins the whole thing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home