Pamplemousse

PCOS - check. Infertility - check. IVF - check. 43 years young - check. Sick of babydust - fricking double check. Join a Scottish infertile as she slowly swirls down the plughole. Now with added donor egg flava.

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Bloody Blogger

I have finally changed over to this newfangled Google account thingymajig. I caved under the pressure. I am not good with change, especially with techy things. Mr P is the man for that. It just makes me grumpy. Grrr.

Good lord, I have just noticed that you can put a photo on your profile! Could you do that before? Shriek, the horror.

Anyhoo, what was I saying before Blogger intimidated me??

Ah yes, I was just thinking that things are pretty boring round here at the mo. I guess an IF blog with no immediate plans for cycling will be like that. I guess it is back to the gardening, weather and teevee topics again. Wow, I am so excited at the prospect that I think I am going to pee my pants.

No, wait. That is just my age. Ahem. Have you noticed that once you get past 40, you lose a certain amount of control over your nether regions. Ahem.

I have to say in my own defense that a sneeze means your body loses all control over every muscle in your body for a split second. Just long enough for the flood gates to open, in my case. I do not even have the excuse that my nether regions have been ravaged by childbirth. Who mentioned the Panama canal????

Anyhoo again, what is with all the ugly dresses at the Oscars?

Kirsten "I smell of pee" Dunst in a Vegas paedophile version of a confirmation dress, Jennifer Hudson in that dreary brown number after so many fab frocks at other award shows, J Lo in another boring dress with what looked like fake gems around the neck (did Marc pick it????) and Beyonce??? What was she thinking? I refuse to believe that was an Armani dress she was wearing. Surely not!!! She kept saying it was a mint colour and I kept yelling "It is eau de nil, aaargh!!". Just ugh. And I reserve the worst dress award for Gwyneth. Has she sacked her stylist?

I do hope that Naomi Watts was ready to be outed as a preggers lady by the designers of her frankly ugly frock too. And I could see Nicole gnashing her teeth right by her side. Maybe that was what the ginormous bow on her shoulder was for? To sink her teeth into when it all became too much for her to bear?

I certainly cannot complain about not being entertained. Of course, I was conducting my fair and well-balanced fashion critique from the depths of my sofa, resplendent in jimjams, fleece and my perennial faves which never go out of fashion, the bunny slippers. Gorgeous!!!

13 Comments:

At 8:41 PM, Blogger Anna said...

Ooooooh, I have bunny slippers, too! Wear them ALL the time.

I thought Helen Mirren looked fantastic, and Cate Blanchet was just lovely. Can't understand why Gwyn picks these dresses... Obviously she thinks they look nice. Whatever.

Don't feel bad; I'm 36 and notice the same things, bodily. Stupid body.Have a great evening!

 
At 9:17 PM, Blogger DD said...

I didn't watch the Oscars. Yes, I'm a heathen.

Blogger has had the option of putting up your picture before. Maybe you can have a pix of your kitchen or sump or garden or whatever...

 
At 9:54 PM, Blogger Lut C. said...

I never watch the Oscars. Reading the fashion reviews is more entertaining, and faster.

 
At 12:14 AM, Blogger beagle said...

The closest I got to the Oscar's was kissing my tuxedo cat by that very name.

I know blogger is a PItheA but now you can come over and see me anytime! How fun is that?

(It's OK if you're not jumping up and down).

 
At 10:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Pamplemousse, I have had that problem with weeing while sneezing... and I have neither the over-40 nor the childbirth excuse going for me. I just have a weak-ass bladder. And you don't even want to know what happens when I attempt to ride a roller coaster. Ahem.

As for the Oscars, I watched the first half hour live before conking out. I was dressed in ratty old Bill Blass men's pyjamas (ca. 1980) that used to belong to my father, who was several sizes larger than me. I always have to pull the bottoms up. And while I was wearing this atrocity, I was bad-mouthing the lovelies on the red carpet... it was kinda fun, really!

 
At 2:02 PM, Blogger Katie said...

We had a house guest here who doesn't have a tv at home but loves bad tv. Thus a weekend of Top Model and other such gems... Of course the Oscars too. I agree that the dresses seemed very ugly and boring. I felt like I saw the same three people over and over too. I thought the best were Cate and Helen. I use their first names as if I knew them....

 
At 5:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kirsten "I smell of pee" Dunst!!! Rolling. That's bloody brilliant. Indeed, her dress was some kind of schizophrenic concoction from hell. But I did rather like Naomi Watts's dress. It did out her pregnancy, but it was soft and pretty, even if yellow (which I typically despise).

Also, my bff Gwynnie P (gag)--her dress might have been pretty on someone who is from the earthly plane and maybe actually had some shape.

Sneeze pees suck.

 
At 7:02 PM, Blogger Jess said...

I've been so busy trying not to die (I'm sick) that I haven't even SEEN the awful dresses. Thanks to you, I CAN NOT WAIT! :)

Glad to hear from you. Cycling or no, I'll be reading!

 
At 11:18 PM, Blogger Neva said...

Helen's dress was lovely and she was as well. I agree wholeheartedly with all your comments....what ??? no comment about Meryl Streep? She looked like she came in from the 60's. Just awful....so was Jack Nicholas' bald head....I do not find him funny.....
I found your blog randomly looking through "next blog"....not up to snuff on your IF problems...but
you seem upbeat and happy. I will check in again.

 
At 12:14 AM, Blogger M said...

'sneeze pees' - too funny!

I missed the actual Oscars broadcast, from the dresses I've seen so far they all look a bit boooorrrrriiiinnnggg... where's Bjork when you need her?

 
At 11:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't watch the oscars - sounds like I missed a good time though! And, can we get a pic of these haute couture bunny slippers?

 
At 2:59 AM, Blogger MC said...

I watched some of the action on Foxtell. i finally caved in as J said he couldn't live without the scifi channel. my worst was the demented prom/wedding dress of Carmen Dias.

 
At 3:44 AM, Blogger moo said...

Yep, a litle late but do let me chime in...there was a whole lotta ugly going round on those Oscar dresses. Yikes.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home