Pamplemousse

PCOS - check. Infertility - check. IVF - check. 43 years young - check. Sick of babydust - fricking double check. Join a Scottish infertile as she slowly swirls down the plughole. Now with added donor egg flava.

Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Hurrah! I made it to Boxing Day

Boxing Day is the best day of the holidays. It is jimjams, and holiday films on the TV, and eating all the choccies you got for Xmas.

Some people say Boxing Day is for the sales but I do not want to see another shop again until I return to work on January 3rd. I don't care how much money has been reduced off and I do not need a new kitchen, sofa, bathroom or DIY implement. No matter how much the adverts on the TV entreat me.

I had a lovely Xmas with my family and I can say it has been one of the nicest ones for years. Mainly because I was not in tears or angry or bitter or miserable and hating everyone else for looking happy. I did dodge some meetings with a couple of new babies in the family as I have not completely turned into a middle-aged Pollyanna but otherwise I am very proud of myself for making it through. Sometimes it is all you can hope for.

Xmas did arrive in the Pamplemousse household and lo! it was shiny and festive.




Merry Xmas to you all (and especially to my peeps who sent cards and good wishes).

Love and peace to you all.

7 Comments:

At 2:30 PM, Blogger Thalia said...

I'm glad you made it through. My boxing day involves baking (again) as we have relatives coming to tea. I'm glad yours is really relaxed.

And thank you for the card and sorry for not reciprocating. I didn't really do cards this year...

 
At 2:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We don't really celebrate Boxing Day here in America but I'm doing essentially the same thing you are right now...sitting in my jimjams, eating chocolate and surfing the net. I'm so glad you had a nice Christmas!

 
At 5:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you are enjoying the holidays - may your new year be shiny and bright!

We are back from our trip and loved our stay in Edinburgh - thanks for the tips. Hope to get there again soon (maybe when the days are longer!)

All the best to you and yours in 2007.

 
At 6:21 PM, Blogger Nico said...

I'm really glad to hear that the holidays weren't awful for you. I think the whole week after Christmas is for jim-jam sitting (in fact, that's what I'm in right now, at 1:20 in the afternoon!).

 
At 7:42 PM, Blogger beagle said...

I'm gald it was a nice holiday for you. Thanks for sharing your festive photos!

 
At 11:00 PM, Blogger Lut C. said...

I'm proud of you too! :-) I'm glad you found the holidays more or less enjoyable.

Nice pics!

 
At 2:53 AM, Blogger Amyesq said...

Most excellent! Congratulations for surviving and for actually having a little fun to boot. I also survived, mainly thanks to your mince pies. And sadly, I am not joking. Like you said, Jan 1 is the new exercising and diet D-Day! And in case I don't get a chance, have a very fantastic Hogmanay.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home