Pamplemousse

PCOS - check. Infertility - check. IVF - check. 43 years young - check. Sick of babydust - fricking double check. Join a Scottish infertile as she slowly swirls down the plughole. Now with added donor egg flava.

Sunday, January 28, 2007

You're The One For Me, Fatty

This is the one song that keeps popping up on random on my iPod. I have accused Mr P of setting it like that in iTunes but he denies all charges. Hmm, I am not so sure.

A girl could become paranoid very, very easily.

I am inclined to believe his protestations of innocence. Would such a man, capable of such evil-doing, be right this very moment up to his knees in literal shite?? Wearing an orange boiler suit, like a demented Scottish Evel Knievel? Doing his very utmost to unblock our septic sewage system, on a frigid Sunday afternoon, when he could be esconced inside with the Sunday papers, bagels and copious hot cups of tea???

I have spoken many times of this man's ascent to sainthood. The other week, it was his 43rd birthday and we had a restaurant meal to celebrate, which promptly made only me ill and he had to spend the remainder of his birthday celebration tending to me as I vomited. Poor man.

He has not had a decent night's sleep in weeks as I fight off the seasonal lurgy. The adenoidal snoring is apparently prodigious but he does not wake me up as he makes his way to the spare bed for chilly, silent refuge.

Another celebration recently was for our 14th anniversary of our first date. If only he had known about the snoring he would have to contend with, hahaha!

The blessed man keeps smiling through. Pure balm for my soul.

10 Comments:

At 4:55 PM, Blogger Thalia said...

Oh how I love a man in an orange jumpsuit. Brings out the bad girl in me...perhaps not with extra sewage, though.

I hope he's inside now with a nice cup of tea. I'm in the study pretending to work, but writing this instead. Not very impressive.

I hope the lurgy is gone soon.

 
At 6:37 PM, Blogger Lut C. said...

The fun one can have on a Sunday afternoon. :-S

If he takes snoring with good nature he's a keeper.

My husband snores, and I can't stand the sound. I prod him until he stops. I'm not a saint by a long shot. :-)

 
At 7:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"...like a demented Scottish Evil Kineval.." HAH! You crack me up!

Sarge is a HUGE snorer. I am such a light sleeper that even earplugs do nothing for me when he's in bed with me. Most nights he sleeps in the spare bedroom. We used to pretend it would work and he'd start off with me and then move to the spare bedroom but now we just pass right into separate rooms. I miss him but after getting no sleep for the firt three years of our marriage, I have to say, this is much better. Marriage is much healthier now!

 
At 2:42 AM, Blogger Jess said...

Aww, I'm so glad your hubby is so wonderful. Good man.

:)

 
At 1:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aw, so sweet. I had a 'lovely man' moment the other day too, love that.

Sewage = saint, definitely.

 
At 5:49 PM, Blogger beagle said...

Mr. P sounds like a great man.

 
At 3:21 AM, Blogger Kris said...

I'm a sucker for a man in uniform, but I'm not quite sure about the Orange.

Mr. P sounds fabulous.

 
At 12:45 PM, Blogger Country Chick said...

Lurgy's got me too - crap, isn't it? At least we have lovely men, though, which is a lot. Mr P sounds lovely.

 
At 10:46 PM, Blogger Amyesq said...

He really IS a saint. So true. All of this he does with a smile.

And he lets your weirdo American blog friends come and stay. AND he uncomplainingly chauffers them around! He rocks.

Tell him I said Happy Birthday. And you take care of yourself.

 
At 9:37 AM, Blogger Sara said...

You've got a keeper there, I think.

I hope that the lurgy passes soon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home